Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
If you can't get a hole in it there is an adhesive called UV glue that glass artists use.

The shit is unbelievably strong and is often used to hold archetictural elements on building exteriors. A glass artist I meant swears by it. Might be a bit risky though, and I have no idea where to get it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
el_butche said:
so i had a friend make me a glass knob for my jockey handle...
he forgot a hole so i could glue a nut to attach it...
is there any way to .."grind" a hole into solid glass???
other wise its just a paper weight.

butche
Check with either a stained glass supply house or someone who works with the stuff. I've seen modified tile saws solely for cutting glass, so there must be a drill.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
there's a diamond tip drill bit to drill into glass and you need to keep pouring water on it while ya do it.
it's not really like a regular drill bit. it's mor like a small cylender with a ruff edge
it's been prolly 16 years since i've done this, but that's how i remember doin' it.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
ya know, now that i think about it if this is a super cool one off peice that he made ya mite just look in the phone book for a custom glass shop.
they'll already have the rite tools.
you should think they could do something like this for next to nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.