Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got the itch to change up la Mofeta. Currently running this girder. Ive been wanting a Springer or Narrow Glide?
I dont know what size to order, buy or trade. The bikes gotta lot of rake so Im afraid if I buy one to short Ill be even lowwer on the ground?
any ideas and YES opinions are welcome/ps the bars have already been pulled back a bit. that was a first take on the new bars..................GIRDER not Girdeer sorry

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
redo the rake if u wanna run anything else...

unless you wanna get like a 6-8 over springer, but look will be too similar... im pretty much deciding to keep my stocker 74 front end on my 67.... i think it looks best...

only thing that looks REAL nice is HD replicas, and they start at $1000+... some guys on here make GREAT ones...

redo the rake, go for a more stock look.. not as crazy lookin, but SO clean, and rides SO much better..

o, and sell me those pipes, hehehe

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
dude, summer just started. it's cool the way it is. unless ya got a second bike to ride dont fuck with it until winter.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i just looked. you're in FLA. you dont have winter:D

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I agree with 51rat, I wouldn't change it unless you change the rake. An extended narrowglide wouldn't look anywhere near as good as that girder, but with, say 32-35 degrees of rake, a narrowglide would look good. A springer seems pointless to me, it wouldn't be much different from the look of the girder.

Everyone runs hydraulics, and sure, they look and work good, but a girder, especially a really nice one like yours, is much more rare. I would keep it and change something else, like paint or pipes or something (not that what you have isn't cool, you just said you wanted to change something).

At least you don't have my disease, where you want to change something and a few weeks later your frame is in bare metal and the bike is completely apart. . .

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like girders but am real partial to springers. And if you are full of ideas, the sky is the limit on how it can be built..

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
By the way, did you powdercoat your heads and cases or clear over them somehow? When I rebuild the '62 sporty motor, I want to run sandblasted cases, but am wondering whether to blast and clear, or just powdercoat them with a flat grey color. I wish I could just leave them blasted, but they would rust real fast up here.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tha Nutz said:
By the way, did you powdercoat your heads and cases or clear over them somehow? When I rebuild the '62 sporty motor, I want to run sandblasted cases, but am wondering whether to blast and clear, or just powdercoat them with a flat grey color. I wish I could just leave them blasted, but they would rust real fast up here.
Head wers BBQ grill painted, and the Rockers are Raw

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Narrow trees to fit 41 mm wide glide legs. Wouldn't cost much more than a narrowglide frontend and would be much, much cooler.

Hmmm...I really kind of like the girder now that I think about it. Maybe a tank, fender, and seat change, along w/ different bars?

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
I'm with Tony on that one , ditch the white walls . . . Also a long ass narrow glide would fucking rule , same length as the girder . . . and put those shorter z-bars back on :)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
The only thing wrong with running a glide is that the sliders quit working at somewhere around 35-40 degrees rake and try to turn into solid tubes.

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
I think with his relatively short rake he would be fine . . . I know those guys in Sweeden have almost horizontal glide frontends and they ride the shit out of them .

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Actually the down time for Floridians is now, with the fucking relentless rain and all, but yeah I'd wait until the fall.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts