Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, we've beat sealing tanks to death, how about UN-sealing them? I had my tank professionally sealed and they used DuPont something or another (purple-ish stuff). I have a small leak that popped up (from vibration I think) and I also want to weld some different tank mounts into the tank (Fab Kev). In the past I used MEK to get an old liner out. Will this work on the professional stuff too? Should I even worry about it, will it stay put when the heat is applied? I've always seen liners pull away after welding, but this stuff looks like it REALLY on there.

After I get it out, what's everyone's trick for taking care of the gas fumes without blowing myself up? I've heard hot soap and water, I've heard sticking the tank over my exhaust pipe works, I know nitrogen works but it's tough to do if you don't have it just laying around. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
164 Posts
scootermcrad said:
Okay, good idea on the fumes... now how about the hard part. Getting out the liner? I know someone out there has done this. I can't be the only one.... (or am I??) I'm suddenly feeling so alone :rolleyes:
Can you look up the liner info from dupont and see what they suggest?What about acetone?Just pour some in and see what happens.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.