Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a bike I'm working on for a friend. I know, I know.....the chain is sagging, the billet triple trees suck (getting replaced), and I'm shaving the legs. The giant wing nut trophy on the tank wasn't my idea....but it is coming along and my boy loves it. Mute did a kick ass job on the riser and grips. Fab Kevin's work is perfect as always, and the Duane Ballard seat is amazing. It's a Ducati tank.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Dear jeezus. hank young is the shit, when hank young parts end up with mike v, the bar that determines what the shit is becomes increasingly higher. you guys are gonna need a pole vaulting rod to top that shit.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And I thought the perimeter brake kit from Hank was gonna come ready to go. FUCK NO! some threaded bungs and the disk. The spool was not true nor was the disk..... it is now. Thanks for the comments.

tbone16 said:
Dear jeezus. hank young is the shit, when hank young parts end up with mike v, the bar that determines what the shit is becomes increasingly higher. you guys are gonna need a pole vaulting rod to top that shit.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope so since I am taking the bike out first! I think it will be alright, I don't expect to get the same amount of braking power from this that you would from a normal setup...but it has got to be better than a mini-spool or no front brake at all. There will be a bit of a learning curve from the bike's owner.

CrazyD said:
Thats some nice fab work.

Just curious will the wheel be strong enough for the brake load? it seems there will be a lot of pressure under braking and cause the wheel to fail?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Mike V said:
I hope so since I am taking the bike out first! I think it will be alright, I don't expect to get the same amount of braking power from this that you would from a normal setup...but it has got to be better than a mini-spool or no front brake at all. There will be a bit of a learning curve from the bike's owner.
Right on, keep us posted!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts