Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day fro W.A.
Just an old truck driver from Western Australia . I have a few Harley's but not that long ago I imported a 1983 FXWG from New York, so it needs its heads done and a few bits and pieces to get it registered. Looking forward to seeing what happens around here 馃ぃ Ive done a fair bit of riding in the U.S. and have always found the people friendly. Anyhow thanks for the add.

Registered
Welcome, Chris. My impression of West Australia, largely obtained via TV and other very accurate sources, is: Tremendous distances. Little support (e.g. fuel stations, breakdown services, diners, campgrounds) between here and there. Largely arid, maybe desert. Are any of these beliefs even sort of correct?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Ratso, Well W.A. is the biggest state in Australia, so the bottom of the state can be reasonably cool, some parts even get snow 馃ザ and the top part is in the tropics , so thats always warm to f##king hot. The south of the state has large forest and bushlands and is well catered for with services and towns but that area gets a lot of tourism. The north is a bit different, the roadhouses are generally crap and are spread out most of them are over price and closed during night time. The roads are pretty good but there isn't much around them even phone signal hardly goes there 馃槀 Lots of wild life love to walk out on the road , Dingo's, Kangaroos, cows and even Camels and to the east of add Wombats. So we are in the middle of winter as our seasons are opposite to the States ,there's also a time difference sosorry for not replying straight away. So where are you situated mate ?

Registered
Who, me? San Rafael, about ten miles from San Francisco (a.k.a. the Yuppie Theme Park), California.

I'd like to see a camel crossing a road I was on. Thanks for the quick guide to W.A.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts