Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just rebuilt my 68 triumph 750 from scratch. rough wiring complete. started the bike last week and am just now getting to the head-tail lights. bike is set up batteryless with a mag so its just a head light and tail light. i have a sparxs capacitor rectifier regulator box which worked before the teardown. i am getting anywhere from 14-30 ac volts coming from the stator and am getting 14. something dc volts after the rectifier at my main fuse and at hot wire ends. i can not get any of the lights to work. switches are wired correctly and i tested each bulb off the battery of my pickup, so i know they are working. it seems like im not getting good grounds at my lights. but i switched my multi meter to ohms and checked for continuity between the headlamp shell (where its grounded) and to the frame and i am getting continuity. any ideas? thanks.

sorry for the poor punctuation, i never did good book lernin.:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
good thing you all didnt respond at once;). turns out powder coat is one hell of an insulator. i drilled out the hole that i used to ground the sparx unit and what do you know? frame is now grounded and lights work great.

IDIOT.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.