Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently done a bunch of work to a stock sporty tank (flat bottom, high mount, kick ass jack daniel's fuel gauge), and am about to paint it. The last thing I need to do to it is ad a bung for my petcock. I am running it on a Yamaha XS650 with twin Mikuni carbs, and after reading a bit, I am wondering if I should run 2 petcocks and feed each carb their own line? Any thoughts on this? If not I'll weld in the one and paint the bitch. Thanks

Ragu

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
big ragu said:
I have recently done a bunch of work to a stock sporty tank (flat bottom, high mount, kick ass jack daniel's fuel gauge), and am about to paint it. The last thing I need to do to it is ad a bung for my petcock. I am running it on a Yamaha XS650 with twin Mikuni carbs, and after reading a bit, I am wondering if I should run 2 petcocks and feed each carb their own line? Any thoughts on this? If not I'll weld in the one and paint the bitch. Thanks

Ragu
Looks like you and I have something in common with the dual MIKS. Keep an eye on the post. I'm thinking you should be fine with one. If you have two you can use a balance tube somewhere between the two.

One thing I do know... this sounds like a cool tank... let's see some pics! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scootermcrad said:
Looks like you and I have something in common with the dual MIKS. Keep an eye on the post. I'm thinking you should be fine with one. If you have two you can use a balance tube somewhere between the two.

One thing I do know... this sounds like a cool tank... let's see some pics! :D
I will probably do the bung tonight, Maybe I'll add both and plug the one and if it becomes a problem I'll add another petcock. Your post is the one that started to make me think. I don't wanna have toi reweld on this tank after it's painted.
The tank is pretty kickass, if I do say so myself. I'm pretty proud of it, I'll put pics up when it's done.

Ragu

1 - 3 of 3 Posts