Jockey Journal Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey man no mud slinging, just a little healthy ribbing. Mainly your name came up because I could cleverly fit it into normal speak versus some of the more obscure names on here that play the same game. Even though you must admit, this situation has your M.O. all over it.

Hey,,he means me :D,,,Yes I ask fro ID,,also some things I just like to share cause I think there cool. Many thing on the main find there way to the swap, hell I have even bought and sold stuff from people when asking on the main board. Why you decide to single me out and compare to him, I have no idea,,but then again,,who cares...

Have a safe New Year everyone

and no names ?? really ?? come on buck up ,,just say it out loud

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Hey man no mud slinging, just a little healthy ribbing. Mainly your name came up because I could cleverly fit it into normal speak versus some of the more obscure names on here that play the same game. Even though you must admit, this situation has your M.O. all over it.
lol,,yeah its all good ,,and the "M.O." covers a few folks,,but again,,who cares

so.......on with the show

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
The mighty Banana tank by Wassell. First made in England and then in Japan. They were common on custom Triumphs. Delivered as new they did not have tabs welded on but instead separate tabs came in the cardbox box with the tanks. The tanks were painted in a black paint that did not stick very well and in some areas looked brushed on.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Was hoping someone could help me identify the tank Matt Jackson used on his Panshovel. . . Any idea where it could come from?
The profile and tunnel shape look very SuperGlide tank to me, but the rear 3/4 view makes it look a bit slim. Obviously they didn't have sculpted sides either, so maybe it is a modified 'Glide one?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I'm with VonWegener on this, looks like a Wassell Banana with some sculpting on the sides, which was a not uncommon custom "trick" back in the day. I have a NOS Hap Jones peanut tank in my stash o' stuff (the one with the small offset cap) that has the same black paint. Seems to me that was just there for rust prevention and they expected you to deal with it when you did the paint prep. Most of those tanks when new still had "draw" marks from the stamping process too, and needed a little help for a good paint job.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I'm with VonWegener on this, looks like a Wassell Banana with some sculpting on the sides, which was a not uncommon custom "trick" back in the day. I have a NOS Hap Jones peanut tank in my stash o' stuff (the one with the small offset cap) that has the same black paint. Seems to me that was just there for rust prevention and they expected you to deal with it when you did the paint prep. Most of those tanks when new still had "draw" marks from the stamping process too, and needed a little help for a good paint job.
The small gas cap on your Hap Jones tank is a Triumph Oil Tank cap. I always thought those tanks were the most stylish of all the peanuts.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts