Jockey Journal Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
oh man, I am so far away or I would, no way I can pick up! thanks tho, maybe someone around you would want it!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
got the stuck cylinder off tonight, cylinder is good shape, just needs a light scuff, but the piston is scared up, looks as if someone before me kicked it over with rust in it and messed it up, rings were stuck also, so now I am in need of one r60/2 piston std. size, cylinder mesured great, dead on really, so a quick piston swap and hope this dude will back together

·
Banned
2,014 Posts
The last R60 I picked up. been swapping out some stuff, the white seat is gone and it has a much nicer tank onit!
Robbie

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
A bit of an update, got the heads all done, I did a three angle valve job on them with the help of my buddy, then found a used good piston, rings and such are on there way, I did install the low euro type bars on it, look alot better than those old BMX looking bars it had. hope in a week or so this bike maybe running, still have to get some mufflers, and a seat, but I'm getting there, at least one of my projects has an end in sight!

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you don't regularly carry a passenger (or are over 200#s) a solo is killer comfortable...
Robbie
Unless it's cold outside. The solo will freeze your butt off in cold weather.

I've been riding BMW's for decades and used to race a 750/5, so I have a soft spot for them. I have a 61 R60 that I've owned for twenty years or so; bought it from the original owner. It originally had the big seat and the high bars. I put the solo and euro bars on and like it much better. I must say that the big seat is much more comfortable (and warm), but I do think it is homely.

Edit: The old-timers often told me that the Pegusa seat was more comfortable than the Denfield, but I can't confirm that. My seat is a Denfield.

Here's a picture of my R60 taken in a really nasty rental basement. She's in a better home now that we're in our house:

·
Registered
665 Posts
You cannot appreciate a BMW unless you lived with one, my 82 R100 is my Ole Buddy, 10 trips to Laconia, Blue Ridge Mountains Many Times, I still Love the Bike, 65K on it and you can set a glass of Wine on the Tank!
Yes While it is Idling

·
Registered
83 Posts
My rig since 1976 1964 R-60/2 with 1953 Steib S 500 Luxes S/C Breakwell and Green SS exhaust. Sport tank. Narrow bench seat now. Harro tank sack. Big fun in the snow. Pure stodge. john

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
She is done! I still have to get some stock mufflers on it, I just have old Bsa a65's on there now, and I also need to get a rear luggage rack thing for my beer to sit on, but other than that she is done! I rode it to work the other day and it runs and rides flawless! The nicest bike I own and I have lot of vintage bikes, thanks for the help I got from people on here!

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looking good. If It's not to late be sure to lubricate and exercise the rear fender hinge. They can rust up solid. Replace the hinge pin with one made of stainless steel if you can. john

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
yep, mine is good and lubed, it swings fine, but stainless pin will be something I will do! thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
You cannot appreciate a BMW unless you lived with one, my 82 R100 is my Ole Buddy, 10 trips to Laconia, Blue Ridge Mountains Many Times, I still Love the Bike, 65K on it and you can set a glass of Wine on the Tank!
Yes While it is Idling
And there's the difference between BMW guys and Harley guys. Who works on their sled with a glass of wine!!?? Just funnin ya.
I really dig those vintage BMWs.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts