Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On august 11th my friend Chris Currie wrecked on his bike. He, at this time is still in an induced coma. I have explained most details already. His retirement from the marines would be final at the end of month, but he has been reinstated, for insurance purposes I am sure. Though his insurance is covered, His wife and three daughters could use our support. I and another neighbor organised a fundraiser at the Bum Steer on Saturday Sept. 9th. It will start at 6.00 pm and go on as long as we like. There will be donations, a raffle, and around 8 or 9 pm THE WHITEWALLS will play a set. The bum steer is a bar, restaurant, and it will be all ages till 10pm or so. Let me know if anyone is riding or bringing Hot Rods or Customs, there will be special parking. Thanks again, Kutty

Bum Steer
33040 Simpson Road
Winchester, Ca. 92596

It is on the corner of Winchester Rd ( hwy 79) and Simpson Rd.

All proceeds will go to help the Currie Family................

·
Registered
344 Posts
Kutty, good luck with the round up, wish we could make it!

Hope everything turns out cool for your boy and his family.

'Shiners.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Kutty,
e-mail me...I'll send you a couple of my steel creations to sell at the benefit for him.

kutty sark said:
On august 11th my friend Chris Currie wrecked on his bike. He, at this time is still in an induced coma. I have explained most details already. His retirement from the marines would be final at the end of month, but he has been reinstated, for insurance purposes I am sure. Though his insurance is covered, His wife and three daughters could use our support. I and another neighbor organised a fundraiser at the Bum Steer on Saturday Sept. 9th. It will start at 6.00 pm and go on as long as we like. There will be donations, a raffle, and around 8 or 9 pm THE WHITEWALLS will play a set. The bum steer is a bar, restaurant, and it will be all ages till 10pm or so. Let me know if anyone is riding or bringing Hot Rods or Customs, there will be special parking. Thanks again, Kutty

Bum Steer
33040 Simpson Road
Winchester, Ca. 92596

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, and I will set a reminder next week, But this is going to help his family so much. We are doing a raffle, and anything anybody wants to bring would help. I am not one who has time or really would know where to start to get sponsers, so I figured we would raffle off some shirts and cd's and do a 50 /50 drawing with raffle money. Plus we will be selling shirts and cd's for money for the family too. Any personal ?s pm me. Thanks again and hope to see you all there, Kutty

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dragon said:
Kutty -

am way out here on the Right coast but would like to help.

is there a paypal or other address you could provide for a donation so it could get to the folks it would help ??

pm me if needed, Thanks.

Doug.

ditto, way out in Tejas but would like to help................

dustin

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A couple people asked about maybe paypal, or address to help family out. PM me for address if you would like to send something, even just a letter of support. I have already gotten a donation through my paypal from Dragon. That rules! For those that are only living mostly online the paypal is [email protected] The way all you guys are coming through just makes me even more stoked on life. And for Chris and his family this is so motivational. Thanks again, Kutty

As for update, still in sedation, as of friday it has been two weeks. Crazy how time flies. Hoping he will be out of ICU next week?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Paypal is on its way.Good luck on the event.Sorry I can't attend.Your neighbor is lucky to have someone like you that cares.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is this fundraiser still scheduled for this Saturday? Same time and place?

kutty sark said:

Bum Steer
33040 Simpson Road
Winchester, Ca. 92596

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All who can come would be appreciated. Still on Saturday from 6pm till whenever everybody leaves. I really appreciate all the donations for the family, and to raffle off. Chris is still in the hospital, still not really any progress. Thanks again, Kutty

·
Registered
31 Posts
kutty sark said:
All who can come would be appreciated. Still on Saturday from 6pm till whenever everybody leaves. I really appreciate all the donations for the family, and to raffle off. Chris is still in the hospital, still not really any progress. Thanks again, Kutty
See you tomorrow. I think C and the boys will be cruising up as well.
lisa

1 - 20 of 24 Posts