Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CrazyD-These are from an era in So Cal when Flat Track and TT racing was what you did. And you did it on a British bike. The tracks where bulldozed in the desert 25 to 50 miles from downtown LA ,
and everyone showed up and it was on! These were hardcore racers. Much different than today. It was Bikes ,Babes ,Boozin and Brawling.
These photos are from the grass roots level that evolved into what werethe pinical moments,Ascot Park, 1/2 mile and TT,Gardena Ca 1969-73.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was only ten when ascot closed, it was less than 5 miles from my house. man i still have fond memories of that place. I use to go with my uncle and cousin all the time. Why do they always replace fun places with parking lots and strip malls. I can still remeber the sound of some good ol' home built racing echo-ing through the neighborhood on a quiet saturday evening while I was playin on my old swing set (which was comprised of a tire,chain, and an A-frame for pullin engines) I miss those days

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.