Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a gas tank off of ebay a few weeks back and it had a fuel petcock that looked pretty cheap. so i figured i would have to replace it with something expensive (probably more than what the tank even cost). but after a bit of research i found the exact part in my aircraft spruce catalog ($14). its a lever type fuel shutoff with a screen like a typical petcock. has 1/4" hose barb, blah blah blah. now there isn't a reserve circuit, so there's the main difference.

what makes a pingel or anything else any better? this piece is airframe rated which is a lot more than you could say for most parts available from the typical catalog outfits.

its part no. FFV01 but no pics on the website. i have the paper catalog which shows it in detail.
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/ap/fuel_valves.html

brandon

·
Registered
675 Posts
I like Pingels for one reason. They are well made and pretty much will last the lifetime of your bike with no leaking. Buy one once and be done with it. No glass to replace, no o-rings and they dont look too bad either
stolenmojo said:
i bought a gas tank off of ebay a few weeks back and it had a fuel petcock that looked pretty cheap. so i figured i would have to replace it with something expensive (probably more than what the tank even cost). but after a bit of research i found the exact part in my aircraft spruce catalog ($14). its a lever type fuel shutoff with a screen like a typical petcock. has 1/4" hose barb, blah blah blah. now there isn't a reserve circuit, so there's the main difference.

what makes a pingel or anything else any better? this piece is airframe rated which is a lot more than you could say for most parts available from the typical catalog outfits.

its part no. FFV01 but no pics on the website. i have the paper catalog which shows it in detail.
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/ap/fuel_valves.html

brandon

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Most Pingels are made for optimun flow also they are designed for racing and have very little restrictions.As stated above buy once and forget about it.Thats there main business petcocks and fuel systems so that should say alot....

Shoe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts