Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been busting my ass for the past few weeks trying to get "el cheapo" together for our car show this saturday. well it came down to friday night, 9:15pm. i started kicking. everything there, everything wired, loctited, everything. 10:15 rolls around and there's about a gallon of gas on the garage floor and no spark. verdict, petcock leaking like a sumbitch and the coil i bought from a guy was "no workie"

to top it off, our car/bike show was a bust because of the torrential downpour. FUCK!

on ebay right now, getting a petcock rebuild kit, and got a bid on a set of coils from a running bike. damn i can't wait for them to get here.

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ain't that the truth! but when i went to get ready for bed, the wifey said that she was proud of me and the determination that i had ... awww... fooey i say!
that damn thing should be running!

baytowngreaser said:
When it rains it pours!! I hate it when everything just seems to go bad all @ the same time...

-Eddie

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
at least your basement is dry ....sump pump no workie. i checked this morning because it been raining nonstop for close to 48 hours. basement dry all downspouts routed properly

and then i go down there tonight. water isnt deep mind you but its far reaching
im moving furniture pulling carpet, using the shop vac to move water out.
uughh. hope you get your parts soon. that bike needs to get some riding time in before the snow gets here

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that back door of our house...the one next to the sliding glass door..well it leaks.. after all of that kicking..i walk in, slosh!! soaked carpet and padding about 2 feet in diameter.. thank god we are renting and that pos house is being torn down!

i'm FIENDING to go riding.

sittin here at work looking at paint colors..tom is going to hook me up with that compressor...woofuckinghoo...can't wait to breathe some paint fumes..

todd said:
at least your basement is dry ....sump pump no workie. i checked this morning because it been raining nonstop for close to 48 hours. basement dry all downspouts routed properly

and then i go down there tonight. water isnt deep mind you but its far reaching
im moving furniture pulling carpet, using the shop vac to move water out.
uughh. hope you get your parts soon. that bike needs to get some riding time in before the snow gets here

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
sparkymoffett said:
damn ya just had to go there!! mine's just a bit of floor..todd's the one with the lake in his basement
pump is now operational!

im not sure what it was but i drained the stack, discod the pipes, removed pump, wiggled the float switch and wham motor starts working. i put it down in the pit and whoosh water cannon. i reconnected pipes and its now shooting water out into the back yard. and its been running for like 40 min with no end in sight and there is a small river in my backyard headed for the neighbors that live below me. i see their sump pumps working so they should be ok.

the pump should prevent any more ground water coming in the next few days but all that carpet has gotta come up. fans are running. bleach all the nooks and crannies for a few days and then its new carpet time. the wife will like that part.

ok enough home repair
at least PB2 is up and running!

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what happened to pb2? what's the status of lok?

todd said:
pump is now operational!

im not sure what it was but i drained the stack, discod the pipes, removed pump, wiggled the float switch and wham motor starts working. i put it down in the pit and whoosh water cannon. i reconnected pipes and its now shooting water out into the back yard. and its been running for like 40 min with no end in sight and there is a small river in my backyard headed for the neighbors that live below me. i see their sump pumps working so they should be ok.

the pump should prevent any more ground water coming in the next few days but all that carpet has gotta come up. fans are running. bleach all the nooks and crannies for a few days and then its new carpet time. the wife will like that part.

ok enough home repair
at least PB2 is up and running!

·
Registered
504 Posts
a petcock rebuild kit?

what the hell is that? like a screen and some teflon tape?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Gotta love that rain, huh?

I went out last night to check the garage for flooding (it was built rather poorly and it floods every once in a while). Well, no water at all in the garage - to my amazement. Check the new Arrow metal shed I just put up - 4 leaks all over my lawn mower, girlfriend's bike, my old Raleigh 3 speed from the 60's. I was a bit pissed. I go inside and the dining room ceiling has a 3 foot wide wet spot with a streaming drip falling right onto my lathe that I just got around to setting up (yeah, I know - what's a lathe doing in the dining room. Well, it's in transit and I couldn't wait to get it into thje gasrage to clean it up and see that it worked...).

Needless to say - rain sucks.

Good luck getting your bike up and running - just think, fix the petcock now and you won't have to worry about it going bad 3 days from now out on the road.

Later,
Jay

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.