Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive wanting to clean up the bars a little by getting rid of my stock 77 Sporty master and switch behemoth and was wondering if anyone knows if a master from a Vulcan will work. Its for a 1 inch bar, 5/8 bore, looks a little retro. Is the only thing I would need to do is change the fittings?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
207 Posts
As long as the bore is right/what you need then it should work. Like you said, you will probably need to change the fittings. Your bike is a single disc right? If so I was told 9/16 bore is what should be used. There is a thread about what bore size to use when on here that you might want to read. I went with 96 and newer HD takeoff and modified them a little to look better. That could be another option for you

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
Drake, what fitting did you get to convert yours over? Seems like for about the same price I might as well go with OEM HD Part.

Id like to go remote but for now I just want to get the darn thing on the road.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a local place that I got my cables built at. Just took them in my banjo bolt switch thing for the MC side, the banjo bolt for the caliper (Fab Kevin set up) and what length it needed to be and they made it up for me while I waited. If you are running stock caliper you might be able to find a cable to go from the T junction (if you have it) to banjo. If yours goes from the MC straight to the caliper and it is the screw in style you will probably have to get a new cable made.

If you look through my blog I think there is a picture of the modified MC and clutch lever. I could post a picture later tonight if you want

Hope this helps

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, for that much bother of having to get new lines made, maybe I should just do the remote master.

Or if I can get Fab Kevin to cut me a bracket for the Tokico 4 piston caliper, then Id just get the newer HD M/C, and run banjo bolts at both ends like stock.

Kevin?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.