Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb420/stevepickens5/kovh2.png

So I was wondering what if any of the negatives would be to moving my drop outs to the front like the one in the picture that ACME did on the Flying Limey? I like the look a lot and I think as long as the drop out is welded over a pretty big area (3-4") it should keep it from tearing off. Thoughts, comments or you're gonna die if you do that kinda tips?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like that idea. I guess I'd rather try welding a new dropout on for money reasons as well as making the dropout itself look cool. No problems safety wise though I guess if it's on a dirt bike set up.

·
Registered
508 Posts
you better be baddass with a tig, and have full penetration from both sides. also keep in mind old er matierial may not be all that great to work with and th distortion may render them useless. then theres the dying thing.

·
Registered
726 Posts
+1 on what choptop had to say!
i assure you that i could safely weld these on, but i CANT assure you that the tubes,shuttles, bushings etc would EVER fit again!
lots of honing to make that happen and then you would need to wonder about material thicknesses then!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah im not sure how thick the tubes are so I'll have to check that first. I'm not worried about the welding part but everything going back together nicely is a concern. But like you said, motorcycles are dangerous so I'm gonna give it a go I think.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Are they Ali legs?(Trump) Motor X take a pounding but look hard core compared to those in pic. Looking thru MX mags theres a good looking spares market , might give clues/ideas to what your after.
My self Id be friggin wary of that trump .
Why not just ask acme the story what theyve done

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.