Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding a Betor 35mm front end. Both of the seals were leeking when I got it. I mearured the oil that came out of each leg as I emptied them. One had 130ml and the other had 150ml. Any idea what the proper amount of oil is needed? Searched google some but nothing smart. The springs are still wet but the legs are dry (and shiny). Thanks,
Jakemon

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not sure about that particular front end, but what I'd do is measure the amount of oil from the top of the tube. A Harley manual tells you to measure the height of the oil from the top of the tube, with the fork completely depressed and without the spring. On my softail, they tell you to fill the oil to about 7" from the top. I over fill it, then take it back out with a pump (think hand cleaner pump) with the right length tube. This gets it the same on both sides. Then you put the springs in, caps on and you're ready to roll. A good place to start anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.