Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some progress pics of the front end I am using on my Matchless G12CS Cafe' project. I was not thrilled with the stock Matchless trees and the Teledrolic forks (mainly just the looks of them). I bought a front end off Egay that was a little rough and have been cleaning things up for the past week.

The trees are Rickman type deals that are the same top and bottom. I am going to run Magura clip-ons so I did not want the raised bosses that the stock risers mount to. The angle grinder took care of most of the material and my buddy TIGed the holes up. I ended up using the dremmel to clear away the filler and decided to use a file to shape the rest. 150 grit, 220 grit, 400 wet, black compound, and finally the white compound. Not perfect but they should look great.

Pics....

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lowers on the Front End Cafe' Progress....PICS....

The lowers were in even worse shape than the yolks. I used a orbital palm sander and a file to kick ass on the scratches and gouges. There is one big chinck that was too deep and I was afraid I would get to thin on the slider so I will live with it.
Jakemon

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rocker Box Cafe' Progress....PICS....

I am not one to name my motorcycles but the Matchless has been dubbed TEA CUPS and here is why. The motor is being rebuilt by someone who knows what they are doing (I hope) and after he pulled the rocker boxs I had to clean them up. Only 43 years of road grime.
Jakemon

Attachments

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Those trees are Betors. They came on some early Huskys. Not quite sure what else. They look very similar to Cerianis, but are usually a lot cheaper. I think the forks are also Betors, but I'm not 100% sure. I just scored an identical set at a swap meet for $10. I didn't really need them, but the seller kept lowering the price as I was walking away until I couldn't refuse. They're now on the Triumph, and have XS650 forks in them.

You've done some really nice work on those.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Looks great! Love the shot with the fingerprint-less red fingers. Are you using a buffing/polishing wheel? Where did you get the compounds you are using? I'm very tempted to whack the disk brake ears off my XS forks and polish them up the same way. Very motivating.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thats alot of hard work that is going to pay off very soon. (sounds kind of like a fortune cookie) The Front end of your bike is going to be tits. If you work that hard on the rest its going to be an awsome bike. Good Job. Gregg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.