Jockey Journal Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That what I figure these are, how do I figure out what caliper they take ?
The holes on the Y end are 3 1/4" on center. Is there a standard size bracket for front calipers or ?

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
How thick are they? The pictures makes them look a little flimsy to be caliper brackets but who knows... Maybe fender brackets?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Not caliper brackets. Here's a scan from an old Motor Shop catalog.

·
Registered
935 Posts
ya gotta love it when an obscure part gets a positive I.D. nice work M.O.Ther thank you for this "VINTAGE HISTORY" lesson probably the best thing I learned all week

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
The Motor Shop, same company that built the 40 or 50 Motor Shop single loop frames that people lust after. Chopper Dave built "Super Freak" in one.

They were located in Oxnard, CA, did a couple other unique to them deals, like a really simple locking bar for the rear wheel, and an adapter kit to put a springer brake on a wideglide fork. Most of the rest of the stuff was HD parts, real and repop, and a few aftermarket items I believe they sourced from somewhere else.

Here's the frame. I'm doing a panhead in one of these right now.

Here's the lockbar. I still have the one I bought in the early '70's.

And here's the brake kit. I used one on my '63 when I first chopped it in '74, but I don't have any good pics of the setup. I'm looking for one of these kits, or any of the parts.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sweet, now you can proceed to try to sell them on one of the other boards using another name or on craigslist, for a price that's at least double their value, as per usual.
Ya know, that's a great Idea, and yes I know I'm the only one who does that.
Strangely people buy them to , but has been a while, but no gonna keep um, doubt I will see another pair ( hell did'nt even know what they were )..but hey thanks for pointing that out. I knew there was a reason I stayed away.

MOther,, thank you for the info

·
Registered
918 Posts
Ya know, that's a great Idea, and yes I know I'm the only one who does that.
Strangely people buy them to , but has been a while, but no gonna keep um, doubt I will see another pair ( hell did'nt even know what they were )..but hey thanks for pointing that out. I knew there was a reason I stayed away.

MOther,, thank you for the info
Just saying.............. It would be nice if you came here to contribute, instead of only when you want to ID or price a part for sale elsewhere, or buy/sell in the classifieds. Although I will say that your price this time appears quite reasonable: if I could use them, I'd buy them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Just saying.............. It would be nice if you came here to contribute, instead of only when you want to ID or price a part for sale elsewhere, or buy/sell in the classifieds. Although I will say that your price this time appears quite reasonable: if I could use them, I'd buy them.
He contributes all the time through IM with me. Answering my questions and giving me tips. Maybe it's not seen by the general public but behind the scenes at least he's a valuable asset in my world.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I never asked what they were did I ? I did ask how to mount them as I thought they were Caliper mounts. Someone else corrected that with what they were, also the add says the only reason I am not using them is cause they will hit the tool box.

I don't give anyone a hard time, don't complain about what others do yet...

Don't care what others do , wish they could do the same.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.