Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Tony Bones said:
sorry to rape a year old post, but u got any more close pictures of thsi setup. i want to do somethng similar on my shovel and was lloking for detailed shots and the easiest way to do it. someone was telling me about some kind of passenger peg setup that catalogs have that can be mounted to the rear motor bolts to get the peg setup. i wanna do that but not footshift right off the trannsmission lie this one, i was gonna try something else. any help ideas and close up pictures of similar setups please

reverend krapp

·
Registered
962 Posts
OSD said:
Think I saw one of the Sinners running something similar on a bike in the CHOPPERTOWN dvd, maybe worth shouting out to Kutty ?
It appears to just be a plate laying on the rear of the motor on the mounting boss, with welded on highway bar extensions and pegs, using longer rear motor mount bolts.

I mounted my last frisco setup to the engine (shovel). Never again.
The freakin' vibration sent my feet skidding off the pegs. Looked cool though.

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
This can be as simple or complicated as you care to make it. If you have a factory Harley frame you use the rear footboard holes. Thread the end of a piece of roundbar and bend the top to put your foot on. Or, get fancy and set it up to accomodate an actual peg.

Or, fab. something to bolt onto the engine cases.

Or, do what's done in the attached pictures...if you can.

Or, just be a little bit creative and find something on the damn engine to bolt your pegs to that's near where you'd want your feet to be.

Don't make this harder than it is.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Tony Bones said:
This can be as simple or complicated as you care to make it. If you have a factory Harley frame you use the rear footboard holes. Thread the end of a piece of roundbar and bend the top to put your foot on. Or, get fancy and set it up to accomodate an actual peg.

Or, just be a little bit creative and find something on the damn engine to bolt your pegs to that's near where you'd want your feet to be.

That's freakin' beautiful.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Tony Bones said:

That definitely makes it look harder than it is!

:eek:

·
Registered
767 Posts
SltyDog said:
That's freakin' beautiful.
i had a feeling you had some got pictures of what im looking for, just had to pry it out of you a bit. thank you again. what i did is alot simpler than that, and doesnt look half as perfect. ill post pics of it whens i got it complete and on the bike. thanks again

ps. my K button on my keyboard doesnt always wor and i dont spell check

reverend krapp

1 - 20 of 20 Posts