Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't shown anything for a while but was sketching alittle at work last night. Not much but here it is...

And a sketch of Indian Larry I did a while ago..

Almost got done with a sketch of Caffeine's old bike but it is time to go to bed now. Hope others have stuff to show.

Brian

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hey Brian good to see you posting art again. nice rendering!

I posted the sketch of this one a couple of weeks ago and I just finished it last night. I may go back and touch it up a bit if I see anythnig f'd up about it.

Mitch

·
Registered
617 Posts
Joey said:
Mitch what medium is that done in? Pastel?

btw it's reeeaal good.
Hey Joey. Glad you like it. It's painted with Photoshop; all digital. the Original was done in pencil on Bristol board then scanned in. I use a Wacom tablet when I paint on the PC. The tablet allows me to paint with a presure sensitive brush. If I have time I'll do a little demo and post it to show how I work. If you're interested. :p

mitch

·
Registered
174 Posts
mcotie said:
Hey Joey. Glad you like it. It's painted with Photoshop; all digital. the Original was done in pencil on Bristol board then scanned in. I use a Wacom tablet when I paint on the PC. The tablet allows me to paint with a presure sensitive brush. If I have time I'll do a little demo and post it to show how I work. If you're interested. :p

mitch
Yea I'd love to see that. I got left waay behind when tablets came out. I can't believe that's all digital... crazy

·
Registered
591 Posts
FANTASTIC!!! That metalflake helmet, the way the light is cast on the tanks and that anatomy is badass. It looks like he's really standing next to a heavy bike. THAT'S HARD TO DO....GIT 'EM!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
mcotie said:

I posted the sketch of this one a couple of weeks ago and I just finished it last night. I may go back and touch it up a bit if I see anythnig f'd up about it.

Mitch

that's pretty sick. makes a great computer wallpaper. it kinda reminds me of the early 90s lobo comics.

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
mcotie said:

Mitch
ok i guess you just need to start sending me one of everything you do. i have the other 3 framed and up.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mitch, that is an efing masterpiece ! I would like to list everything I love about it and that would be every detail. The light ,the absolute glee in that dudes ( Artistic Anglophile) face, incredible. I would call it "Totally Stoked"

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Mitch, that's real cool. I would like to get a print of this picture. Is that someones real triumph?

mcotie said:

Mitch

·
Registered
617 Posts
Galaxie500XL said:
Mitch, that's real cool. I would like to get a print of this picture. Is that someones real triumph?
thanks guys, glad you like it. It is not an actual Triumph. I compiled elements that I liked from a couple of different bikes. It 'd be cool to see it built, but I'm not sure how much of the artistic stuff would translate to reality. I might go back in and add some flake to the paint job on the tank to make it stand out a bit more.

Galaxie I PM'd ya.

Thanks Craig

Conder thanks man!!

Todd clear the living room wall, I've got more sketches waiting to be painted :)

Hey Beatcad It's very difficult to not show that I'm a huge Simon Bisley fan (early 90's Lobo). It leaks out every once and a while. :) I think every artist strives to be original but their inluences never truly leave them.

mitch

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
BrianPettit said:
I haven't shown anything for a while but was sketching alittle at work last night. Not much but here it is...

And a sketch of Indian Larry I did a while ago..

Almost got done with a sketch of Caffeine's old bike but it is time to go to bed now. Hope others have stuff to show.

Brian
Brian great work man probably not yer best though.There was this one you did of this HAMB drag dude floatin around the net that was probably some of your best work.:p

Both you guys have great skill and talent posst up some more.Hows that bike comin Brian have not seen ya postin much lately???????

Shoe

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
Brian great work man probably not yer best though.There was this one you did of this HAMB drag dude floatin around the net that was probably some of your best work.:p

Both you guys have great skill and talent posst up some more.Hows that bike comin Brian have not seen ya postin much lately???????

Shoe
No not my best work. Just bored at work sketching. Mitch makes mine look like dookie anyway. Got to get him to stop eating crayons. Maybe I will have something good to show when I start painting again....

Oh this one? Maybe a personal fav of mine...

This never gets old. :)

The bike is sidelined. Cause of a couple of reasons. One being money. I changed jobs so had to pinch pennies for awhile and I was out of town for 7 weeks training for the job. May start back up when I get some dough saved to toss at Mike's XS for new parts...oh and when the garage isn't so damn cold. Brrrrrr.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts