Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
That's pretty damn cool. I recognize some of the parts you're using. But not all of them; any hints on the other parts? How often do you make these? very cool.

mitch

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is not my artwork but rather a couple of pieces I came across in my travels.

The first is a dresser carved out of wood that was in a guy's yard on the side of a backroad in upstate New York.We had taken a wrong turn coming home to Michigan and was cutting across this road to get back on the Interstate.

The guy had a yard full of wooden objects including an 18 wheeler made from a woodpile and an ark with the animals walking up to it in pairs.

The second one I saw on display at the Gibraltar Trade Center in Mount Clemens Michigan.The detail was absolutely astounding.It was on display with several other carvings of like quality.Wish I had gotten the artist's name as they were fantastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mcotie said:
That's pretty damn cool. I recognize some of the parts you're using. But not all of them; any hints on the other parts? How often do you make these? very cool.

mitch
Glad you like them Mitch. They are misc bitsa this and that. The cylinders are the main focal point and determine the size of the bikes. I got them at the chainsaw shop. They had a bucket full from rebuilds. The tank is sheet metal,the fenders are 2" exhaust pipe cut to fit and the bikes pipes are old handlebars.
Shopping carts are a great source of material ,cool chrome frames! I haven't made one in a while, takes a weekend. All you need is a cutting torch,welder and inspiration, usually derived from a good sixer or two. They take up alot of space ,they are 3 + feet long and heavy. They look good in the right spot,hanging in mid-air from garage rafters etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.