Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fellas, I'm here to introduce myself. I'm new to this board but a regular on the HAMB. You may know me there as oldcarmike but here I'll go by slipkid.

I'm 42, 2 kids, and live 40 miles west of Chicago. I've been fascinated by mechanical things since I was a kid. I cut my mechanical teeth as a bicycle mechanic from 16 to 21 nad have always worked on my own vehicles. I've done auto upholstery, boat interiors, aftermarket electronics installs (long time ago - things have changed!) built awnings, and custom made wheelchairs- both power and manual.

Now, the embarassing part - I don't own a bike, never have, but I think I'm gonna have to change that. I'm here to pick up what ever tech I can, start gathering ideas although I'm pretty sure I know what I want to build. I lean toward the style of the 30's and 40's Harleys and Indians. I have a vision in my head of what I want, I just need to learn about how to build it.

Think I'll poke around for a while and see what I can learn. See ya round.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Dive into it head first get some grease on ya and go for it. bikes are easier than cars not as many parts unless its a T. Welcom fellow HAMBer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts