Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a restaurant/bars with my girlfriend and her friends this friday, and as I walked in, I saw something awfull! A triumph 650 hanging from the ceiling! I asked the waiter if it was for sale but it wasn't.

I had already seen another Triumph behind the bar at another bar, and a third bar, that is closed now, used to have one too. What's with this trend? Isn't it cruel to take a Triumph away from it's natural environment and hold it captive? Shouldn't they be set free? Isn't there a celebrity to embrace this cause?

·
Registered
243 Posts
There is a yuppie restaurant here with a matchless in the front window. pisses me off every time I see it.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
These things used to be cheap and plentiful. It's like me buying an 80's japanese standard and suddenly 10 years from now they are the "in" bikes and going for 1000s. 70's Japanese bikes are now the next bikes slowly going up in price.

·
Registered
591 Posts
In 1985 my infantry unit was deployed to South Korea for "Team Spirit", this giant military training exercise that happens every year over there. We were way the fuck out in the booneys man and didn't see so much as a telephone pole for 2 months. The whole thing was surreal. They hid every village girl under 30 when we came through and no matter how far out we'd get, or how high up we'd be on some barron ass mountain, there was a 100 year old woman following us up it with a stick across her back carrying 2 milk crates full of 16 ounce bottled Cokes and MOONPIES.

The only thing you really had to fear were the motorcycles careening down dirt roads at 60 with entire families on 'em and VD. We got one 3 day pass in a tiny village called Tan Du Chon where each street was made up of a Titty Bar, 7 dollar Nike store, Titty Bar, Corn Dog shack, Titty Bar, 7 dollar nike store etc etc.

I got seperated from my friends shit faced drunk in a crowd outside of "Mr. Heads" bar and was walkin' around trying to find them when what do I see?...A big sign on this shit hole building that says "HARLEY BAR". I'm kinda freaked out and hoping I don't get mugged, not to mention home sick. So I go up the stairs to check this place out.

Right when I walk through the door I see a black, apehangered honest to god SHOVELHEAD CHOPPER sitting right in the middle of the floor. I think it was bolted down because it was sitting straight up and down. The place was out of control...HOT (and not so hot) tiny korean girls everywhere and about a thousand drunk crazy ass soldiers, all of 'em laughing and howling and throwin' shit. It was nuts.

I bought some more to drink and was screaming at some girl how I had a Harley back home blah blah when I got this great idea...I grabbed this chick and sat her on the king and queen seat of this shovel, then I climbed on it and started reefin' on the throttle like an idiot. We were screamin' at people tellin' 'em to "get the fuck outta the way" and so on.

Next thing I know, I'm hoisted up off of this bike like I weigh ten pounds by some big ol' ham fisted slicky boy (off duty soldier who hustles in town or bounces) and this motherfucker THROWS me down the stairs! Thank god I was drunk or I would've broke my neck.

I rolled out into the street and just laid there really still. People stepped right over me without even a disgusted look. I remember thinking "Did I spend all my money? Did I miss the shuttle back to the barracks? Where's my money?...HOW in the FUCK did they get a cherry Shovel like that way the fuck out HERE?

I had to walk around that village all night because I missed the last shuttle back, but that's another story.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Theres a fonda shovel nock off in a burrito get up by my. I constantly wonder if they would notice if I stole something small, like just the heads.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Thjere's a 500 Triumph flattracker hanging from the ceiling in a machine shop in town.

There was a 45 chopper with Sportster heads that sat at Jani Lane's bar. Supposedly it was a bike with some history and it did run, I think someone got that thing cheap when the shitty bar shut down.

I saw a shovelhead motor in a gay leather bar in San Francisco.

A friend of mine bought an Ariel Square 4 from in front of a store at Diney's Pleasure Island. He intends to chop it but it hasn't happened in five years, I don't think it ever will.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I also heard a rumor that the Voxmobile sits in a bar in Denver.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Nads said:
A friend of mine bought an Ariel Square 4 from in front of a store at Diney's Pleasure Island. He intends to chop it but it hasn't happened in five years, I don't think it ever will.
theres some classic bike mag out on the shelves that did a cool writeup on that bike. a guy built a pretty slick cafe out of one & theres a lot of decent pics. that motor is really far out.

you guys should ask our 'dirtiest devil' mel from asbury about what his sick rakester ford pickup is up to these days. (ie clothing store in japan??!!!)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
FREEBIRDS! Hey, did anyone go into the back of the Continental Club this weekend? There's a Triumph cub hanging up there by a dusty ass chain.

tbone16 said:
Theres a fonda shovel nock off in a burrito get up by my. I constantly wonder if they would notice if I stole something small, like just the heads.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Conder....

That ain't so outta place here now. Up in TDC (Tong Du Cheon) There's a place called Mojo's owned by a great dude named (you guessed it) Mojo. It's the best bar up there and the hangout for American Steel MC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts