Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i told y'all yesterday i mite have a line on a free bike. it was a guy i work with who kinda knows a guy. that sorta deal. well i never heard back, but i knew he lived in my town.
well, about 2 months ago i spied 2 bikes in a guys backyard about a block from my house. i never knocked on the door to ask about them. i was gonna wait until i cought him out mowin' the yard or something and then approach him.
so i though what if the guy that my workmate knows is this guy?
fuck it! i'm just gonna knock on the door and find out. turns out it's not the guy. this guy is an ex-navy seal sniper and now rebuilds and restores guns. he talked my ears off for about 45 minutes, but he was a decent guy. he said if i was there a few years back he had 30 bikes lined up in his back yard. he sold 'em all for 200 bucks a piece!
the 2 that are left he says he's takin' to the dump, but he just aint got around to it yet. he said i could have 'em if i want.
mid 70s kawasakis they looked pretty junky from where i saw 'em(about 20 feet away) prolly only good for parts.
i may go back and get 'em. allthough i allready have to much junk at my house.

·
Registered
936 Posts
If you can, try to find out what kind of Kawi's. When it comes to certain models, there's no such thing as junk.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I stand corrected.

But still - the things that could be done witha free KZ1000 are tingly.

·
Registered
500 Posts
...or a free H2!! Better find out what they are before we all squirm ourselves silly.

·
Registered
936 Posts
An H2 I would probably haul my ass down there this very second and get it myself. I don't think you'd find many rotting in a backyard though, but you never know. I got my Studebaker out of a backyard in South East D.C.

·
Registered
500 Posts
ol_scratch said:
An H2 I would probably haul my ass down there this very second and get it myself. I don't think you'd find many rotting in a backyard though, but you never know. I got my Studebaker out of a backyard in South East D.C.
Race ya!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Retarded. :) Nope H-2's were the straight-up large capacity 2-strokes that gave Yamaha a run fer da munnaaayyy

·
Registered
500 Posts
A 750cc two-stroke that made 90hp in stock trim in the early 70s. The Widowmaker. The single evilest thing known to man. If Kawasaki coulda made the thing handle they woulda ruled the world.

·
Registered
936 Posts
DamnitDave said:
I got my money on Crow...
You Texans. Do you always gotta stick together? :)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
junque is home. turn out they're both hondas. a 400 that's been wrecked. and a 750 that has been chopped earlier in it's life. the 750 looks like it was a hairy ride. both have been stripped of anything that was broke, bent, or useless by me sat afternoon. my buddy want's to mess around with the 750. if i can get the 400 runnin' i mite make a cool little beater chop. i'll post some pix mon morning.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts