Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I might be getting a bunch of parts in a trade from this guy, some of them being a frame and triumph motor. He claims that the frame was a sporty frame. The bike was running and driving with the triumph motor. Does this look right, it sure doesn't look like a triumph frame to me. Thanks

·
Registered
884 Posts
looks like a 750 honda frame to me and as you know you can make it work if you want to put in the time.
jabber said:
hey, I might be getting a bunch of parts in a trade from this guy, some of them being a frame and triumph motor. He claims that the frame was a sporty frame. The bike was running and driving with the triumph motor. Does this look right, it sure doesn't look like a triumph frame to me. Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jbfrmca said:
looks like a 750 honda frame to me and as you know you can make it work if you want to put in the time.
he was riding this thing around 2 years ago with that frame and that motor. So, supposedly the mounts and all has allready been done.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here is a better pic, maybe some one can identify it. It looks like the mounts are all made for the triumph to fit in correctly.

-john

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
AMEN Honda 750 frame for sure...(somewhere 1978-1980 or so)
Look at the angle of upright sidetubes, rear motor mount plates, axle plates shape, neck erea ,etc...

(the 500 & 550 frames from AMEN did not had a crossover tube between front legs,750 did)

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, thanks man.

Danny F. said:
AMEN Honda 750 frame for sure...(somewhere 1978-1980 or so)
Look at the angle of upright sidetubes, rear motor mount plates, axle plates shape, neck erea ,etc...

(the 500 & 550 frames from AMEN did not had a crossover tube between front legs,750 did)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Could be a frame built by Tom at R&R in Baltimore. He builds a Triumph frame that looks nearly like the old AMEN frames. One of his frames is on E-bay this week (Triumphwizard) and it looks a lot like the one your are interested in.
Hank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts