1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damnit....worked out a deal on a santee frame and the seller just informed
me he has no frame MSO, just the receipt from a shop that sold him the frame
with the serial number on the receipt?

Im in Arizona and it would be titled special construction when done.

Should I run Forest run?

·
Registered
583 Posts
You could try contacting Santee and see if they would issue a replacement mso for that frame number. I bought a basket Triumph about four years ago. The guy had been sitting on this stuff since 1975. It had an Santee frame built before they put numbers on the frames, but he had the origonal shop recipt from 1975 when he bought all the parts. I got a "statement of Fact" from Santee explaining that they didn't put frame numbers on their early frames. Santee is real good to deal with and helped a lot.

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
Glen said:
Damnit....worked out a deal on a santee frame and the seller just informed
me he has no frame MSO, just the receipt from a shop that sold him the frame
with the serial number on the receipt?

Im in Arizona and it would be titled special construction when done.

Should I run Forest run?
Get the numbers off the frame and call CCI BEFORE you buy it.. They should be able to issue you a new MSO.

·
Registered
917 Posts
rockymtnpits said:
Get the numbers off the frame and call CCI BEFORE you buy it.. They should be able to issue you a new MSO.
,,,And you might have to do a "pencil rub" of the numbers off the frame.
G.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
waltmcq said:
chances are Santee will want the shop that order the frame to ask for a replacement MSO
Santee(CCI) will NOT issue you another one. They will want the original before they do a single thing, plus charge $50 to rewrite it.

-Jason

·
Registered
57 Posts
when i went to title mine, they didn't really care about the mso because i bought the frame from a shop and not the manufactor. They wanted a notorized reciept from the shop. this is a good point to make. the notorized reciept holds a lot of power, if its at all possible get one for any used part you buy.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Another good thing to do is get a notebook and keep all your paperwork in it. Small recipts get scotch taped to pages and big ones get hole punched. Seperate it into Legal/parts/build info/misc. It may sound like a lot of work but come inspection time it pays off Big Time. I did a Triumph that way where in WA state where the DMV can be a real Pain in the Ass. I had recipts that came with the basket case from WI that were 20 years old, all my recipts and even recipts for nut and bolts. The guy at DMV paged thru the book for about a minute said Good Job, handed it back and started his paperwork. It also gives you an accurate idea of just how much you really spent on your ride. Although many times I wish I hadn't found out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts