Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
hoffman said:
i saw in the post about hardtailing a sportster a really rad picture of a frame in a cool looking jig. does anybody have any other pics of that jig/other inexpensive jigs? i would love to see it.

thanks.
jeff
http://64.172.168.34/neatstuff/framejig.htm

This website has a variety of different jigs shown and instructions on making your own. Good site, interesting read.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I see you already have your swingarm off.....BUT my plan is to leave the swingarm ON and use that as a guide to true everything...after I get it all cut and shaped proper...and tacked...then I will take/cut off the swingarm.....I hope this is a good plan.........

·
Registered
188 Posts
We've got two frame jigs at my friend Matthew's shop. I built one for my Evo Sportster and Matthew made his for a single loop frame for a stroker Ironhead motor. I'll get some pics for you on Wednesday.

big_al said:
I see you already have your swingarm off.....BUT my plan is to leave the swingarm ON and use that as a guide to true everything...after I get it all cut and shaped proper...and tacked...then I will take/cut off the swingarm.....I hope this is a good plan.........

·
Registered
257 Posts
hoffman said:
i saw in the post about hardtailing a sportster a really rad picture of a frame in a cool looking jig. does anybody have any other pics of that jig/other inexpensive jigs? i would love to see it.thanks.
jeff
There's more pics of Pete's jig HERE.

·
Banned
93 Posts
big_al said:
That is exactly how I did mine Worked out great to use the swing arm as a jig Las week end I did 70 for about 10 miles with my hands off the bars runs straight as an arrow.
I took my swing arm off cut and lenghened it 2 inches and then put it back on with the front end and wheels then blocked up the frame till I had the stance I was looking for then welded everything up around it and then cut the sissybar out when I was all finished. the only thing I may have done diffrent is strech the swing arm another inch or two more, a tad more room for fender and oil tank ect. Something i did not take into acount and had a heck of a time finding a oil tank to fit.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts