Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this, wondering if anyone has any ideas, Looks to me like a custom job on a stock frame but i know there have been plenty of aftermarket swingarm frames for ironheads or a hardhead weld on deal. No #'s on the neck, some stamped on the frame. Anyone knows what it is or knows how to ID it would be cool, thanks.

·
Registered
431 Posts
It's a hardhead. My buddy had a ness hardhead, but it was different. It had bends down into the stock front tubes. I would guess maybe one off or another manufacturer?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the neck gusseting and the top motor mount look like it could be Ness. Just curious if it was a manufactured hardhead or a custom job. Doesnt really matter, whoever did it did a real nice job.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Never saw an aftermarket manufacturer use factory-style steel forgings as parts of their frame. The back and bottom of this one look like stock H-D, welded to a fabbed-up tubular neck and backbone.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not saying you are wrong but what makes you so sure it cant be a ness? Im just going by looking at old frames and the gusseting looks more like Ness's style than the other i have seen.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im sure they built them in different styles but if you look even on that gooseneck one you posted the gusset is really similar. Shit i figured someone on here would know for sure. Im thinking that it definitely was a hardhead section the more i look at it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
It's cool frame either way. I have a particular affinity for diggers, as they were popular when i first started riding in the early eighties.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Looks like a Ness Hardhead. $195 in 1975.

The tube just under the oil tank may be another mount for you swingarm. Gives and inch or so stretch and a bit more drop.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah that what im guessing it is, especially with the close up on that red bike above, the neck and the top motor mount are almost identical. Thanks guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts