Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I can go (besides the latest issue of IronWorks) to read/see more about this bike? I like it a lot.

Before this article came out, I had concocted this whole fantasy about "what if Continental Motors had built a bike in the fifties?" They're in Muskegon, MI (usta be Detroit too) and therefore directly across the lake from Milwaukee, the comparison seemed perfect and they even have a neat logo with a winged radial aircraft engine. This guy built his bike as an Indian tribute, but it seemed an extension of the fantasy back into the thirties.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
675 Posts
looks like a indian inline 4
Bigcheese5300 said:
Anybody know where I can go (besides the latest issue of IronWorks) to read/see more about this bike? I like it a lot.

Before this article came out, I had concocted this whole fantasy about "what if Continental Motors had built a bike in the fifties?" They're in Muskegon, MI (usta be Detroit too) and therefore directly across the lake from Milwaukee, the comparison seemed perfect and they even have a neat logo with a winged radial aircraft engine. This guy built his bike as an Indian tribute, but it seemed an extension of the fantasy back into the thirties.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tony said:
Got any bigger pics?
It looks real nice..
Seeking bigger pics are the aim of this post. I spotted it in this month's IronWorks but I'm broke and can't afford it, especially as the rest of the issue looks like bolt-on billet drivel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Bigcheese5300 said:
Seeking bigger pics are the aim of this post. I spotted it in this month's IronWorks but I'm broke and can't afford it, especially as the rest of the issue looks like bolt-on billet drivel.
I'm with you then....i'd like to see some details..:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,840 Posts
Bigcheese5300 said:
Anybody know where I can go (besides the latest issue of IronWorks) to read/see more about this bike? I like it a lot.


I haven't seen the IronWorks bike, but I'm going to buy it tomorrow just to see the bike in question. There's a Danish guy at virtualindian building a homemade inline four bike that bears a passing resemblance to an Indian. I don't know if this is the bike in IronWorks, but it's cool nonetheless. It's an NSU car engine with a Nimbus transmission, in a frame that's part Harley and part Indian.

Read all four parts of his story. It makes me feel woefully inadequate.
http://www.virtualindian.org/xmas04/alma4.htm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,194 Posts
Here ya go..scanned them from the mag, hope it's readable and large enough after you clidded on pics...(wiking from Sweden has tried this with 4 inline Volvo engines..almost scored production but we are still waiting...)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
No doubt it has a great look, and a lot of work/ingenuity. But I get lost when the bobber look crashes into radiators, hoses, and belts. Not saying it's wrong, this is a very cool bike and is probably a blast to ride. Props to the builder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
345window said:
No doubt it has a great look, and a lot of work/ingenuity. But I get lost when the bobber look crashes into radiators, hoses, and belts. Not saying it's wrong, this is a very cool bike and is probably a blast to ride. Props to the builder.
So you're saying I should stop looking at my brother's Kawasaki Vulcan as potential '40s-style bobber material? At least it's not shaft-drive. :D
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top