Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this abandoned cafe project the other day. The guy had to move and was selling everything. I was the first one to see it and talked him down to a good price. It's a 71 Bonnie650. Just what I was looking for..soon it will be transfered to my roller. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My original intention was to find a motor, or parts of one for my 69 roller (seen in the second pic)...so, even though the blue bike would look sweet as a cafe bike, I'm going to continue with my hardtail. I will use the motor, and a lot of the hardware for the build. The tank is in good shape, so i will see how that would look on it. It's too hot out here in So Cal to do anything. I wish I had a garage. It's a weird hot (humid), summer.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
rock the rigid and build 2 killer motors for it - one for the haul and one for the hollywood strip -AJ

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, the motor runs..it's in great shape. The roller will take a lot of work to get it to where I want it to be, but when I'm finished it will be cool. It's tempting to build the swingarm bike but I'm in a hardtail mood. :) Since swingarm is a wet frame I can't use the tank and some other parts so I'm thinking after I finish taking the motor out and some bolts/pegs/throttle..etc I may sell the cafe bike as a roller. It came with a fiberglass rear cafe style fender and handlebars.

·
Registered
896 Posts
choppertown said:
yes, the motor runs..it's in great shape. The roller will take a lot of work to get it to where I want it to be, but when I'm finished it will be cool. It's tempting to build the swingarm bike but I'm in a hardtail mood. :) Since swingarm is a wet frame I can't use the tank and some other parts so I'm thinking after I finish taking the motor out and some bolts/pegs/throttle..etc I may sell the cafe bike as a roller. It came with a fiberglass rear cafe style fender and handlebars.
I think you'd make more parting out the cafe bike. I know the gas tank alone will get a high price. Also the front end, wheels, and a cafe seat all go for good money when they come up for sale. Original triumph parts that aren't rusted garbage are not easy to find these days. I'd almost guarantee if you sold it as a roller someone else would buy it and do the same thing.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Great Find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope it all works out for you!

Post pics as you go!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.