Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I was going to see if someone could help me out here. I have a 1970 triumph T100R with a David Bird hard tail 6" stretch 2.5" drop. I plain on running a 21" wheel front and rear. My question is what size springer would I need to keep the frame nice and level to the ground? My guess is 4 under... Let me know any other info you may need. Thanks for any help anyone could give.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
what is the rake ? The old fashion way.. stick a broom handle through the neck..find out the overall size of your tire, cut that in 1/2,,take a yard stick from the floor to you 1/2 number... then measure from the bottom of the bearing cup ..the amount of broom handle you have will give you a good idea of the length you need

also post # 10 might help

http://jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72552

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
How do you account for the weight of the motor, and the rider. As the springs compress the highth of the front end will change. How do you figure out how much?
Well that just over thinking it really ,,I have never seen any springer that actually said anything about weight ( spring rate ) so that would have to be addressed after the fact

1 - 7 of 7 Posts