Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of Fork covers from Maund Speed and was wondering if I will need to shave my lower legs on my stock 77 sporty? Wondering if they slide over the flat area where the reflectors use to be.

Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Binky, question for you about the covers.
Did have to cut down the top of the cover to be able to slide in between the tree? Looks I'll have to take a little off the top.

Also, did you have to take some material out from the inside of the cover? Doesn't slide smooth at all going over the fork leg.

Thanks.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I bought a set of the MaundSpeed cast aluminum covers for my 74 Sporty. Great product. James Maund even opened-up the upper internal diameter for me. Had to work on the front holes for the lower trees, but nothing major. Fit right over the lower legs, no problem.

I eventually sold them back because I didnt like the look WITH a front fender (mandatory here). They are now on Noodelz bike (Noodels, I hope you don't mind me posting this?):

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, James also opened mine up to 35mm. I'll either have to knock down the inside a little, or shave the upper part of the leg a little, the dust cover area. But, while I'm at it I'll shave off the reflector area too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.