Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
just a comment - the bike looks right with good lines, but, those hbars seem too 'straight.' are you married to 'em? how's about those 'clubman/monza' style hbars? see 'em on the thread of the 'XS progress pics' chopper.

again, just a comment.

MC

·
Registered
581 Posts
Thanks for sharing it is moving along nicely, I keep making changes and cant seem to get shit done on mine now I cant figure out which tank to go with I like the way the stock Triumph looks on yours. I have a wassell and want to try a sporty prior to deciding I may fab on the wassell. What length are your forks? and how much rear stretch if you dont mind?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
You could never post too many triumph mock ups. I think its my favorite thing on this board. Bikes lookin good. Keep the Z bars. They look good.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Craven Moorhead said:
Thanks for sharing it is moving along nicely, I keep making changes and cant seem to get shit done on mine now I cant figure out which tank to go with I like the way the stock Triumph looks on yours. I have a wassell and want to try a sporty prior to deciding I may fab on the wassell. What length are your forks? and how much rear stretch if you dont mind?
2" stretch and the forks are stock length...i think they are going to be a little long, I am going have to shorten them.

I am always making changes also.
________
Sub_Rosa

·
Registered
581 Posts
myke said:
2" stretch and the forks are stock length...i think they are going to be a little long, I am going have to shorten them.

I am always making changes also.
I wound up sending mine to Franks to be shortened for 35 bucks and wound up needing new forks as he confirmed the old ones were pretty much junk. I went with a stock 22" with my stock neck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
looks like its off to a great start

ugliest wheels i've ever seen in my life ,i can't believe someone sells junk like that:) but the rest is lookin good

·
Registered
264 Posts
Lookin' good.Have you mocked it up on the floor with wheels? Those forks are going to compress.Before shortening tubes,compress the fork all the way and check that ground clearance too. -Strat.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
It looks like a triumph twins weld on there still in business I think?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Craven Moorhead said:
Don't do the Harley® Davidson® XL® Sportster® tank!:(

·
Registered
581 Posts
Englishman said:
Just had my wassel-esque tank reworked.
Looks nice, I was telling Trent that is about what I would need to do. I like the way you raised the tunnel. My issue with the Wassel is the tunnel depth and the fact it is just to short for my long stretch it leaves to large of a gap between the seat and tank. (sorry for Hijacking the thread)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts