Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A smalll issue I had with my 1974 Ironhead was that the front caliper is the ugliest piece of shit I' ever seen. With all of my money on this project going to more important details and realizing that my caliper is aluminum I decided to grind it down with a course grinder disk and file all the casting marks off. Then I polished it. I even took the time to grind of the "lip" around the obnoxious metal HD sticker. Hopefully this will help others out. Take a look.... By the way, I would like to round the outer edge of the face and maybe even file in some VERY SHALLOW fins. If anybody has done something similar to this with these particular calipers please post pics or at least tell me how much thickness I have to work with here. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
If your tire is directional and are willing to change it, the 74-77 front end looks much better IMO w/ the caliper on the rear of the right leg. Just pop the tubes out of the triple trees and swap them around.

·
Registered
398 Posts
there is plenty on the front and back edge to round over but it starts to look funny. as posted above it looks much better on the right side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts