Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
How about some ET's? They have a little bigger window than the Hals and you can get them made in lots of different widths (from 3 1/2" to 14" wide) with any backspacing you need.
Larry T

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Larry T said:
How about some ET's? They have a little bigger window than the Hals and you can get them made in lots of different widths (from 3 1/2" to 14" wide) with any backspacing you need.
Larry T
ooohhw yes...a high angle 5 window E.T....goosebumps again...damn!..

·
Registered
591 Posts
Danny F. said:
ooohhw yes...a high angle 5 window E.T....goosebumps again...damn!..
I just sold a pair of original 16x10 ET IIIs. I wanted to build this bike using one of 'em. Danny says Metzeler(I think?) makes a 240x16 tire! I'm running 2 on Satan's rail, and used an aftermarket Harley blinker cover in the centers...I FUCKING LOVE ET IIIs!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Conder said:
I just sold a pair of original 16x10 ET IIIs. I wanted to build this bike using one of 'em. Danny says Metzeler(I think?) makes a 240x16 tire! I'm running 2 on Satan's rail, and used an aftermarket Harley blinker cover in the centers...I FUCKING LOVE ET IIIs!!!!!
E.T. rules big time ! And those skulls in the center is massively badass..!!!Yea, Metzeler 240-50-16 are still available! I like 'em more than the 18" because they look like a chuicy sweet & wet donut when mounted on the correct width rim..and that should be 8" to 9" in my personel oppinion, see picture, that's the 240 on a 9" rim..

So the "240" should be 240mm wide as they say, check this out here if you guys are building a scoot with a "just enough room" frame...:
on 8 x 16 tire width is 261mm
on 8.5 x 16 tire width is 266mm
on 9" x 16 tire width is 271mm!

I have seen 'em mounted on 6.5" up to 10.5" wide rims, but as I said the tire will lose the fat donut shape if going for a to wide rim...

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Danny F. said:
E.T. rules big time ! And those skulls in the center is massively badass..!!!Yea, Metzeler 240-50-16 are still available! I like 'em more than the 18" because they look like a chuicy sweet & wet donut when mounted on the correct width rim..and that should be 8" to 9" in my personel oppinion, see picture, that's the 240 on a 9" rim..

So the "240" should be 240mm wide as they say, check this out here if you guys are building a scoot with a "just enough room" frame...:
on 8 x 16 rim tire width is 261mm
on 8.5 x 16 rim width is 266mm
on 9" x 16 rim width is 271mm!

I have seen 'em mounted on 6.5" up to 10.5" wide rims, but as I said the tire will lose the fat donut shape...
...Lordy mama...

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Conder said:
I agree on the ETs, I have sold a fair amount of them to boot. A couple sets to HAMBers.

Can we see the rest of that big tired bike Danny?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Tman said:
I agree on the ETs, I have sold a fair amount of them to boot. A couple sets to HAMBers.

Can we see the rest of that big tired bike Danny?
Mais bien sur Tman..! (It's not one of my bikes)

Started as a 2003 Standard Softail, it's a Swiss guy...but typical German styling

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Danny F. said:

..QUOTE]

HEY! That's my tire! Just got it in 2 weeks ago!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Slow said:
Danny F. said:

..QUOTE]

HEY! That's my tire! Just got it in 2 weeks ago!
Well Slow, that's the perfect proof that it's still available! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.