Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Joe McGregor and I like motorcycles! :D
My dad is Steve or KillSwitch on the board and he is definitely the biggest reason I got into all things dealing w/ the internal combustion engine. I'm a fan of British and European bikes especially those equipped w/ a boxer motor. I first became fascinated w/ the boxer motor while attending BMW school in Greenville, SC. The BMW factory has a small museum and in that museum are 2 late 30's early 40's bikes that really ignited my interest into one day owning one. Ten years later and a little bit of research, I concluded that they were way out of my price range. So after talking to the BMW club here in Wichita they enlightened me about Ural's or Urinal's as some people affectionately refer to them. A couple of months later I found one in Michigan and bought it, now I'm in the process of changing minor things so I can still ride it until this winter when I plan on making it a bobber! Looking forward to learning as much as I can and hopefully sharing what little knowledge I may have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas!

Naear, I'd like to post pics of my Ural on here but don't know if it's kosher since it's a 03'. It don't look like an 03' more like 53' not sure if that would fly around here or not. :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
cadillacjoe472 Post em and we'll find out :D
I wouldn't think there would be a problem its got two wheels and an engine...
I was just drooling on someones Ural sidehack up at the Rooks county fair
watched some good flattrack races.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts