Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a blast at the Drags, unfortunatly, I dont think anyone had taken pictures of us running. We threw a bike together for rear brake testing...it ran a 12.41 @ 105MPH and stopped just as it should. It was the only brake we have on the bike. We have a matching front caliper as well and its being tested on our daily bikes....We have our own rotors, but the drag bike is still running an exile rotor.

and a closeup of the brake.....

-Jason

·
Registered
554 Posts
Hot,hot,hot...and I thought I am the only one who did get to see some pics..,very cool bike and the 16 incher looks tuff !!! It definitely needs a "square" fender.I actually wanted to ask you for more pics but that's no longer necessary although one shot from the rear would be nice !

·
Registered
175 Posts
Jason, I didn't get a chance to tell you...but you and the guys did a great job on that bike! I really liked it.

The new brake caliper is really cool too.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You!!

I will have firm prices in the next week or so. I think the rear caliper will include our own sprocket and hardware as well, kinda like a whole package.

-Jason

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
todd said:
it is a nice looking piece but my 4 spds leak (eventually) and act like a chain lube / rear wheel oiler.

so i dont even consider sprotor type setups.
i was thinking the same but recall someone in another sprotor thread made the point that logically the lube should be flung outboard-away from the sprocket...hence the back of all my t-shirts peppered in tranny fluid. the caliper looks like its working well and has good coverage based on the marks on the sprotor. i dig the heatsink and always like to see an american made product.

·
Registered
81 Posts
How well do they work, though? I thought I recalled a bunch of people saying the exile ones work marginally at best.

·
Registered
591 Posts
james said:
How well do they work, though? I thought I recalled a bunch of people saying the exile ones work marginally at best.
If you're used to riding bikes with excellent brakes, rear wheel only set-ups will suck for you. Riding a hardcore chop is night and day for riding style man. It doesn't matter how fast you're going, when you ride a real chop you ain't in a "look at me" parade. No waving to folks, no takin' in the scenery. Stay alert stay alive.

It's big fun...picture an octopuss navigating a rabid water buffalo through traffic.

You guys at FRC really inspired me with that green bike, and this new one is cool too! I dig the brake caliper.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
james said:
We have a mechanical engineering buddy that studied the exile caliper. Our complaint was that is worked "just enough". We made a few proto-types of some changes to the internal designs and puck allignment. The 1st one locked the rear tire under hard braking and while I like super tight brakes, we toned it down a tiny bit and added metallic pads. I tested it at the drags this weekend and it worked very well. Its a brake I trust without having a front brake.

-Jason

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very nice lookin' piece. I am happy with the Sprotor I got from Exile, as it has never made me wonder if it'd stop my bike. But that is a NICE lookin' caliper, and if it works even better than what I already have, I'd be interested in one too. Oh, and that bike looks KILLER! Of course, I'm partial to " unfinished " as so many people have called mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Scorcher said:
I will have firm prices in the next week or so. I think the rear caliper will include our own sprocket and hardware as well, kinda like a whole package.
put me in line for one

that muthas cool

1 - 20 of 32 Posts