Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a flyrite bobber rolling chassis a few months ago. today i finally got to unpack it and begin to mock it up(i was waiting for my motor and trans) im pretty sure that you are supposed to get a complete springer type of seat setup with it???????i only got a the springs, the clamp that goes around the backbone,
(with a stripped nut/bolt on it) and the bracket that goes from the front of the seat back in the center(hooks to the hinge) also the risers dont seem right they are 3 inches long with a threaded hole in the bottom. maybe i just cant figure it out but how can you line them up with the 12 inch apes?(the springer tree also has threaded holes in it to recieve the risers) should have the roller come with axle adjusters???? and i guess the tank gets solid mounted right?
im sure this is just the begining of many questions i will ask you guys/girls
thank you very much in advance,
tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
726 Posts
I would contact them directly and have them send you some instructions or find someone that knows bikes and bribe them with drugs and alcohol to help you assemble. That's what I did.

**edit**I chose the drugs and alcohol part not the instructions just to clarify.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
tim dunleavy said:
also the risers dont seem right they are 3 inches long with a threaded hole in the bottom. maybe i just cant figure it out but how can you line them up with the 12 inch apes?(the springer tree also has threaded holes in it to recieve the risers)
that is correct for the risers and the springer top. you just need some 1/2"-20 studs to connect the two together (you screw one end into the springer and then screw the risers onto whats left hanging out of the springer.

you can make your own by getting some threaded rod from your local hardware store, or you can order some from MCMaster (part# 95412A752).

c.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
No offense, but based on your post, I don't know if you should be building/assembling your own motorcycle without some help.

tim dunleavy said:
i bought a flyrite bobber rolling chassis a few months ago. today i finally got to unpack it and begin to mock it up(i was waiting for my motor and trans) im pretty sure that you are supposed to get a complete springer type of seat setup with it???????i only got a the springs, the clamp that goes around the backbone,
(with a stripped nut/bolt on it) and the bracket that goes from the front of the seat back in the center(hooks to the hinge) also the risers dont seem right they are 3 inches long with a threaded hole in the bottom. maybe i just cant figure it out but how can you line them up with the 12 inch apes?(the springer tree also has threaded holes in it to recieve the risers) should have the roller come with axle adjusters???? and i guess the tank gets solid mounted right?
im sure this is just the begining of many questions i will ask you guys/girls
thank you very much in advance,
tim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tha Nutz said:
No offense, but based on your post, I don't know if you should be building/assembling your own motorcycle without some help.
thanks for the encouragement! i have built a bike before. sorry it wasnt a springer so i wasnt sure if the risers were right. the other one wasnt a roller either so i needed to know if the axle adjusters and total springer seat assembly were supposed to come with it. why should i buy them if they are supposed to be included. besides, i thought this forum was a place to get ideas, ask questions or just shoot the shit!?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Don't be offended man. It's just that you are building an open air vehicle that will go 100 MPH and more. Your post just made it sound like you haven't been doing a ton of bike building, so its a good idea to have someone knowledgable advise you on it that is IN YOUR TOWN and can look at your work. We all started somewhere.

If it were me, and I had bought a roller from Flyrite that I thought was missing stuff, I would call flyrite and ask them.

tim dunleavy said:
thanks for the encouragement! i have built a bike before. sorry it wasnt a springer so i wasnt sure if the risers were right. the other one wasnt a roller either so i needed to know if the axle adjusters and total springer seat assembly were supposed to come with it. why should i buy them if they are supposed to be included. besides, i thought this forum was a place to get ideas, ask questions or just shoot the shit!?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Tim,

Call us when you have time, we can answer any questions regarding the rolling chassis you may have.


-Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tha Nutz said:
Don't be offended man. It's just that you are building an open air vehicle that will go 100 MPH and more. Your post just made it sound like you haven't been doing a ton of bike building, so its a good idea to have someone knowledgable advise you on it that is IN YOUR TOWN and can look at your work. We all started somewhere.

If it were me, and I had bought a roller from Flyrite that I thought was missing stuff, I would call flyrite and ask them.
considering that it was sunday when i came across these missing or questionable items, i could not call flyrite at that moment. i did call them today and all is good. once again, i was just asking for some friendly advice from you guys. it wasnt a crisis or life threatening
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top