Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr Dutchman I have a question about your latest scoot or if anyone else can tell me some info.I have come across a 45 harley springer fork that is 17 3/4 from bottom of tree to axle hole in rocker it looks plenty short.I believe our frames are similar and I have six stretch rear rigid section.Is the fork on yours a 45 and is that close to your measurement looks a little short but I think it will be okay with my 21 inch wheel.The springer in question is the middle one in pick.

Any input will be appreciated
Thanks Shoe

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think someone has just had them off and not put them back on correctly.Comparing this fork to Flyin's they look real similar cept this one is chrome and his black.I saw that in the pick and wondered about it also.

Shoe

hatch said:
I thought 45 springers had the rockers on the inside....but my brain fogs up late at nite.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
Mr Dutchman I have a question about your latest scoot or if anyone else can tell me some info.I have come across a 45 harley springer fork that is 17 3/4 from bottom of tree to axle hole in rocker it looks plenty short.I believe our frames are similar and I have six stretch rear rigid section.Is the fork on yours a 45 and is that close to your measurement looks a little short but I think it will be okay with my 21 inch wheel.The springer in question is the middle one in pick.

Any input will be appreciated
Thanks Shoe
Bigtwin and 45 springers have the same lenghts...(according to the books they say that a 45 is 1/2" shorter as a Bigtwin but I think that it's because of the different shape in rockers between them) and yes, the 45's have the rockers on the inside but on that picture the rockers look like bigtwin rockers..
45 rockers are in fact smaller and narrower...(the holes on the bottom of legs are also smaller on 45 springers)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Danny for the input but do ya think the rockers should go on the inside or can I put them on the inside like switch rt to lt lt to rt?Just dont know much about early HD springers
Shoe

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
Thanks Danny for the input but do ya think the rockers should go on the inside or can I put them on the inside like switch rt to lt lt to rt?Just dont know much about early HD springers
Shoe
T.T.,you could technicaly switch them from left to right on the insides yes, but that would look weird to anybody who knows H-D springers...and a shame..because having the big BT rockers on the outside as on your picture is "the thing to have"...a rocker is not symetrical on each side, see drawing here, hope you know what I mean...click on it to make it larger huh..duh!...(I don't have a digital picture now to show you..)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see i understand.But looking at Flyin dutchmans bike his forks appear to have the rockers on the inside is this the difference beteewn big twin and 45 or is his some other kinda fork.I just felt it would look odd if i put this fork on my trump as wide as it appears in pic with a 21 inch wheeel.

Great drawing by the way man is there anything you cant do, hell if you can cook I would probably propose marriage to ya.BAHAHAHH:D
Two problems with that though are you aint geared right and I would never ride on the back of a scoot and I not sure how I my wife would take being left for another man from a forign country.LOL:D

Thanks Shoe
Danny F. said:
T.T.,you could technicaly switch them from left to right on the insides yes, but that would look weird to anybody who knows H-D springers...and a shame..because having the big BT rockers on the outside as on your picture is "the thing to have"...a rocker is not symetrical on each side, see drawing here, hope you know what I mean...click on it to make it larger huh..duh!...(I don't have a digital picture now to show you..)

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
TRIUMPH TERROR said:
I see i understand.But looking at Flyin dutchmans bike his forks appear to have the rockers on the inside is this the difference beteewn big twin and 45 or is his some other kinda fork.I just felt it would look odd if i put this fork on my trump as wide as it appears in pic with a 21 inch wheeel.

Great drawing by the way man is there anything you cant do, hell if you can cook I would probably propose marriage to ya.BAHAHAHH:D
Two problems with that though are you aint geared right and I would never ride on the back of a scoot and I not sure how I my wife would take being left for another man from a forign country.LOL:D

Thanks Shoe
:cool: Only Mexican food I can do !:cool: Flyin' Dutchman has the same springer as you got there on that pic..the (slightly narrower 45) rockers on the inside is indeed the difference between Bigtwins and fortyfives, and check the neck diameter, BT is 1" and 45's are 7/8",) If you realy want smaller 45 rockers
make sure you get them with all the 4 correct studs and bushings since they are shorter..but then again, the bottom holes on the springer legs (front & rear legs) are larger now...since they installed BT rockers...so keep it the way it is should I say and do...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Danny F. said:
:cool: Only Mexican food I can do !:cool:
Come on Danny,don't be that modest...I saw you on TV early this week.Danny is a well known cook and he's currently working for the Four Seasons Hotel in Germany.His gourmet cuisine did revolutionize the entire Westerm World.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
TheFrenZ said:
Come on Danny,don't be that modest...I saw you on TV early this week.Danny is a well known cook and he's currently working for the Four Seasons Hotel in Germany.His gourmet cuisine did revolutionize the entire Westerm World.
DAMN!!! :mad: Frenz...you blew my cover !! Actually, I AM Mexican...
(I'm working on this new aircleaner, its Sombrero shaped,pics soon!...):cool: :cool:
;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.