Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been banging away on my Shovelhead to complete a frame swap and a bit of a change in look (long story, it's in my introduction). I cannot find any good pictures or diagrams of floorboard mounts. This is a 1974 FL frame and it looks to be without the tab on the frame under the inner/outer primary. Does anyone have any good pictures of your floorboards? Thanks, Rhys.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Rear floor board tab for left side was cast into the outer primary cover. Right side rear is a 1/2" square stock threaded into one end and cross drilled for the floor board bolt on the other end with a S bend in it. It bolts to the tab on the frame under the cone cover.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
If you go with the weld on tab you're going to have to fab up a bracket to clear the aluminum primary as it is larger than the early tin ones. Like Shovithead ,Said it will be less $$$.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Shovithead and Joe49......................... Somehow I knew I would have to crack the TIG out again................. Crap, nicely powder coated as well. I checked the other side and the frame tab/bracket is in place under the nose cone.. ......... I will order the tabs up and get to it. Any suggestion on the bracket kit or part numbers? Thanks, Rhys.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
JP p/n 5500010 $24.99 bracket kit for '65-'84 floor boards. shovithead will be by when you get the parts in to install them.:rolleyes: You will still need to fab a left hand rear bracket or get the correct outer primary cover.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Just to clarify. The fab work I'm writing about is the bracket coming off of a OEM frame tab. Not to say you could not fab the frame tab also. But there is no factory bracket made, as the board is mounted to the primary cover on the electric start aluminum primary year bikes.

Do I sound like Captain Obvious.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for not replying..................... Lost me internet service for a couple of days.............. Thank you very much for the info and part numbers...... I managed to cross reference over to Preston Cycles which I can order here across the border in Canada. I will weld on the tab and fab out/modify the mounting kit to work. I will post up pictures after I am done. Much appreciated, Rhys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts