Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

It's getting close time to assemble my bike and I'm having a real head scratcher about installing my floorboards. I've never ran boards and there was no instructions with the kit I bought.

Heres the photos of what I have. It will all be going on my shovelhead frame. Also I have the foot clutch and brake pedals with the brackets in the photos because theres so many damn holes in it I can't figure out what goes where. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hold your clutch and brake brackets up to the bosses of the frame right where the tubes bend. One the clutch you'll use 3 holes to mount the plate to the frame. The other 4 are used for a kickstand plate.

On the brake plate - two holes will be used to mount the plate to the frame. The master cylinder bolt will also be on one of the frame bolts. The third hole is for the master cylinder.

For the floorboards - I would assume they hook into the plates somewhere, but I can't be sure because I've never run them. You'll need to have the correct frame for the lugs, otherwise you'll be welding on.

Doing a google image search would help you a bit I think.

·
Registered
838 Posts
the two bent square stock ones are the rear mounts for the floorboards. The threaded part goes in the two ears (lugs) on your frame, providing they are there. Is it a FLH frame?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its some aftermarket frame. I have no idea what it is. But there is no lug mounts on it. The Lug tabs I have are in the photo with all the mounting hardware. I still have to weld them on and thats part of the reason I was looking for any diagrams or explanation of how to put these things together

·
Registered
838 Posts
OOPS Sorry just enlarged the middle photo. Looks like your lugs are there and need to be welded to your frame for it to work. The straight sqare stock ones are the front mounts. you have Three because it is a universal kit. There will be two different sizes for the right front mount. A long one for a mechanical brake and a short one (the square part) for a hydraulic master cylinder. hope this kind of makes sense.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how are the lugs mounted? when i weld them on are they 90 degrees so flat on the top or angled? Because the hardware bends off a funny angle

·
Administrator
7,801 Posts
how are the lugs mounted? when i weld them on are they 90 degrees so flat on the top or angled? Because the hardware bends off a funny angle
The stock floorboard tabs are at different angles, that's why the mounting pieces are angled differently.

On the factory Panhead frame blueprint, the right side is at 16° and the left side is at 36°.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the info guys. this should be enough info for me to figure it out!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts