Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a buddy who may be coming to work for me soon. He has about a years experiance in the field as a Bike Tech. Id like to set him up on a Flate rate pay scale. It would be a NEW end to our business and I couldnt afford to pay him to stand around. Do any of you guys have a idea on how and how much they are paying?
thanks

·
Registered
936 Posts
You mean like kind of on a contractor scale? Since its a new angle, think about working it that way. I've known an number of shops that brought guys in as adding a new angle onto the business. They start them out as sort of a sub-contractor to them. They have shop space, help with marketing and such, but gathering work and growing that aspect of the shop is up to them. So is their pay. Makes them responsible for making sure they have very little downtime. Offer up a different scale, if there is downtime, learning and helping with other aspects of the shop. This has worked for other shops. Just don't be like some of them and let the guy build it up and then push him out (which I don't think you would do), because that is just some underhanded shit.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what I was thinking. I want to rent him the bay and let him bring in the business on his own. I will help with promoting but if he dosnt work he dosnt get paid.

ol_scratch said:
You mean like kind of on a contractor scale? Since its a new angle, think about working it that way. I've known an number of shops that brought guys in as adding a new angle onto the business. They start them out as sort of a sub-contractor to them. They have shop space, help with marketing and such, but gathering work and growing that aspect of the shop is up to them. So is their pay. Makes them responsible for making sure they have very little downtime. Offer up a different scale, if there is downtime, learning and helping with other aspects of the shop. This has worked for other shops. Just don't be like some of them and let the guy build it up and then push him out (which I don't think you would do), because that is just some underhanded shit.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Nappy said:
So you'll be his man-pimp?
Better get some gold fingers and work on that back hand.

"Is Wayne Brady gonna hafta choke a bitch."...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts