Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, they're not traditional, don't do shit for performance, and I probably risk gettin' run outta town just for bringing it up, but I have to ask...
Anyone running flamethrowers on their bikes?

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
Flame throwers from bikes are almost easier than flame throwers from cars. Actually at night, when I run my 96 at speed, I get a nice blow coming from the tail pipes, and a sudden let off leaves shooters flaming out. Thats about the closest I get to throwers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think it can depend on the bike.

This is my twin brother and his '80 gs1000e. It now has clubmans and a fairing to go along with the flamethrower. It has pods, pipes, a jet kit, and has as much go as show.

It works, for me, because it is such an obnoxious muscle bike. When you start it up, you feel it in your chest and when you ride, you feel like Thor. Of course it needs a flamethrower. I have thought about asking him to join this forum, but I think his tastes may run a little far.

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
For both cars and bikes, I think they're sorta cool in a kitchy, JC Whitney sorta way.

Kind of like a half in the bag project you and a buddy might do one night. Like, "Hey man, LET'S MAKE FLAMETHROWERS!!!!" "Oh, HELL YEAH!!"

Ya know, that kind of thing.

·
Registered
317 Posts
When I get on the gas at higher RPMs, I get faint blue cones out the pipes, not really visible when it's light out. I used to see alot of bikes do that when we ran them on the Dyno too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts