Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So are you saying the worst I could be looking at is just a bearing swap? What about the brakes?

I don't have the wheel I am looking at doing some trading with a guy and he has no idea. So I figured I should probably find out before I do the deal.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't know shit about the breaks man sorry I mounted a inverted sport bike front end with 25mm axles on a with a harley front wheel, so I had to figure it out, go to a wheel bearing catalog it will tell you based on year what size bearings you have and you can get them to fit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it looks like they didn't swap to a 1" axle till 05 and 06 and then in 07 it looks like they went to a 25mm axle. So I don't think I will need a bearing swap (someone please correct me if I'm wrong...), but I suppose I will see.

·
Registered
665 Posts
So are you saying the worst I could be looking at is just a bearing swap? What about the brakes?

I don't have the wheel I am looking at doing some trading with a guy and he has no idea. So I figured I should probably find out before I do the deal.
Hi Big Jimmy,
The later Forks did go to a 1" axle but also realize that any parts swaping means that you would need to check and 'fit' parts, on all these later disc brake front ends the inboard side of the caliper comes Very close to the Spokes 'if using spoke rim', first Center your Hub then set up the Caliper Spacing and Mounting, recently I had Buchanans make me up as set of spokes for a 2008 hub, once you know what year your parts are from you can reach out for the parts you need, I chuck my Fork into a Vise on the angle the fork will sit, now you are able to work and center your parts.. Below is a 2008 Nightster Fork with a PM Caliper, I still need to play with some spacing..good luck to you..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I mean I know if it won't just bolt up that I will have to do some work on it, but I guess what I'm trying to figure out is how much work so I can figure out a legitimate price range on what the guy has for sale/trade. We think the wheel and brake set up is off of a ~2002

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.