Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well most of you guys might know me from the Hamb. i've never owned any bikes other than 2 vespas. i've ridden crotch rockets but that's about it. i've gotten a wild hair up my butt to try to build a bike on a very slow learning process. i've done cars and restored vespas but never to this extreme.

so what do you guys suggest for a first timer builder? i do a lot of customizing to cars so i'm not to far out of my realm. except instead of 4 wheels, i now will be on 2... haha

thanx

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
what's user friendly and not to expensive for a first timer? for example is building a triumph to difficult for a first build. i don't have any friends that have bikes or know anyone that i can get input from.

i'm just looking to build an old school bobber. i like Flyrite choppers but i wouldn't be able to afford it all at one time though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome Dante!!

Save yourself a lot of time, buy a runner... Work on it for a while try to understand it.. then tear it down and build it back the way you want...

good luck..

dan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
hey Dan.. what's up? i didn't see your booth at moooneyes. i had $20 for you for the shot glass pic. i should have told you ahead time though.

yeah that's true... i have more time than i have cash though. plus knowing me i would blow it on another car. :rolleyes: haha

·
Registered
269 Posts
Whats up Dante..
Welcome to the JJ.

I had a couple bike's about 10 years ago...but nothing since and i think the 'hair' got to me too...so i started building a 68 triumph..

Can't wait to see what you put together!!

Tony

·
Registered
34 Posts
hey dante!! you've been talking to eddie again!! don't do it, leave all the headache to me!! haha!! welcome and when are we going to jumbos again!

·
Registered
156 Posts
low springs said:
hey Dan.. what's up? i didn't see your booth at moooneyes. i had $20 for you for the shot glass pic. i should have told you ahead time though.
It's cool, i'll see ya at the next one..

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Tony, are you stalking me? HAHAHA glad to see you here too.

what's up? i had no idea you would be over here too. are you building a bike, is Big Eddie ;) building one too? i had no idea. maybe you guys can share your knowledge with me.:)

i'll be in LA for the holidays. lets go then and lets get Nobu up on stage with the girls.

MUNSTER said:
hey dante!! you've been talking to eddie again!! don't do it, leave all the headache to me!! haha!! welcome and when are we going to jumbos again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts