Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So then, he sends me THESE photos:

There's the H1 motor, but OOOOH what's that over THERE! BSA Victor, round barrel (TASTY!) + two Triumph rolling frames (anyone know what model?), one Triumph twin motor, spares and manuals. He says he wants $2200 for all of the stuff. I only want the Jap bikes. Anyone interested? Let me know and we'll work out a deal.

·
Registered
361 Posts
did he say if the body work on the red commando was made by gus kuhn? Do they run? if so they may be worth some money.Great find. gregg

·
Registered
65 Posts
wow,

Why does all of the good stuff seem to pop up in Texas or Cali...

Wish I could get in on this.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
greggski said:
did he say if the body work on the red commando was made by gus kuhn? Do they run? if so they may be worth some money.Great find. gregg
They both run, but he's got the wheel off the yellow one, and he's got the body work off the red one. I asked about Gus Kuhn, he didn't recognize the name, but he said it was pretty SPENDY!

·
Registered
361 Posts
JEB said:
They both run, but he's got the wheel off the yellow one, and he's got the body work off the red one. I asked about Gus Kuhn, he didn't recognize the name, but he said it was pretty SPENDY!
Its nice looking bodywork,I think Gus Kuhn made body work for cb750s and some trump stuff also. He also offered some engine mod stuff for that bike. They make great road rockets from what i've read. Are you going to try to get any of that stuff beside the superhawk? Gregg

·
Registered
59 Posts
its because texas is awesome and every other state should fall off of the continent and float away

am i going to get beat up for saying that? hahahah

ruin

Broman said:
wow,

Why does all of the good stuff seem to pop up in Texas or Cali...

Wish I could get in on this.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cool finds, my BSA was a barn find. Was talking to a lady at work and she mentions her husbands bike that has been parked for the last 10 years. 70's chopped BSA A5o Royal Star, I now own it. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Gregg since Jason doesn't seem to be here tonight I will answer for him as I was with him when he got this stuff. He got the Kawasaki stuff for Crow & the 305 stuff for himself. The BSA Victor & 2 Triumphs were still there & for sale last Friday afternoon. Can't remember the price but if interested PM Jason or me & i will find out.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: First Jockey Journal barn find :: UPDATE

joeycarpunk said:
Cool finds, my BSA was a barn find. Was talking to a lady at work and she mentions her husbands bike that has been parked for the last 10 years. 70's chopped BSA A5o Royal Star, I now own it. :D
I dig finding old shit in a barn. Nothing more exciting than seeing a wheel sticking out of a dark corner, like catching a glimpse of short skirt out the corner of your eye.

So here's the update on the trip last week:
Me and my pop met up in Temple TX to see what was in this guy's shed. Needless to say, we went home happy. Here's my truck, looking like the hot rod version of Sanford and Son:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Car parts that my pop scored:
A homemade tunnel ram intake*(fits most any*4bbl intake):

An old Rochester 2gc carb:

He also picked up a nice Muncie 4spd case & tailshaft housing, early Corvette 6 cyl 3spd with shifter, boot & plate, 3rd member for 55-60s Chev rearend, 1 new M/T valve cover, steering wheel, Fenton 500 shifter (needs shift rods) for Chev 3 spd, Oil fill tube for an early Chev V8, and four flipper hubcaps.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Miscellaneous crap:
Three shell casings from a monster rifle. They're about the diameter of a Red Bull can, the bottom has 37MM- M16 stamped into it. I'm gonna polish these up, and put em somewhere on my Triumph.

This guy kept nuts and bolts in a Coors can, a Maxwell House can and a Valium bottle.

Old model car kits from the sixties (Kustom!) We also scored some 60s cycle mags and a few old issues of Hot Rod Cartoons:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts