Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you folks know me from the place across the street. I have had a love of motorcycles for years, it was first drawing I did when I was a pup. Now, I have settled on one bike that is my rider a 95 Harley FLHTP I know its new but in the grand scheme of motorcycle world the evo is getting to be a "classic" yeah right.

First bike was an 81 Ironhead sporty, we had an understanding "it hated me and I hated it" after a couple of years of tryin to make the marriage work and the bitch wanting to fuck up when I was way far away from the house I had enough and found another she got traded off for a 84 dresser first year evo with the old style 5 spd and enclosed oil bath chain. She was a little plumper than what I was used, but I fell in love with that feel of comfort and wanting to work. I used that bike for a daily / grocery getter for years when work was slow. Anyway, there was others but now I settled with my ex police bike, done serious mod's to the body of it and painted it a tasty looking purple. Just did it's annual service new rear tire new fluids and working on sketches for the new paint.

Also have the front part of a Kawasaki KE 100 that I got out of someones trash that is going to be a mid size chopper, not a mini, not a full size. Motor is going to be a Briggs Vanguard and a rigid frame. Not sure of the tranny if one or just run the Torqaverter.

Anyway, that is my story - and hi to the other regulars

·
Registered
172 Posts
Go over to fatass' place and help him with his Sporty, he needs some hand holding...or maybe he'd just like that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
dixiedog said:
Many of you folks know me from the place across the street. I have had a love of motorcycles for years, it was first drawing I did when I was a pup. Now, I have settled on one bike that is my rider a 95 Harley FLHTP I know its new but in the grand scheme of motorcycle world the evo is getting to be a "classic" yeah right.

First bike was an 81 Ironhead sporty, we had an understanding "it hated me and I hated it" after a couple of years of tryin to make the marriage work and the bitch wanting to fuck up when I was way far away from the house I had enough and found another she got traded off for a 84 dresser first year evo with the old style 5 spd and enclosed oil bath chain. She was a little plumper than what I was used, but I fell in love with that feel of comfort and wanting to work. I used that bike for a daily / grocery getter for years when work was slow. Anyway, there was others but now I settled with my ex police bike, done serious mod's to the body of it and painted it a tasty looking purple. Just did it's annual service new rear tire new fluids and working on sketches for the new paint.

Also have the front part of a Kawasaki KE 100 that I got out of someones trash that is going to be a mid size chopper, not a mini, not a full size. Motor is going to be a Briggs Vanguard and a rigid frame. Not sure of the tranny if one or just run the Torqaverter.

Anyway, that is my story - and hi to the other regulars
Welcome to the new board, post some pics in progress of the mid-size chopper when you get a chance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
dixiedog said:
First bike was an 81 Ironhead sporty, we had an understanding "it hated me and I hated it"
I had a 79 FX that hated my wife!!! Anytime we went more than 5 miles from home It would break down :mad: ...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2xcrash said:
I had a 79 FX that hated my wife!!! Anytime we went more than 5 miles from home It would break down :mad: ...
Funny you should say that, the guy I got the sporty from said his decision to get rid of his shovel was it broke down on him everytime he went through the "wrong section" of town, funny thing was I lived around the corner from there.

It was my "first" and what an experience!!

El C, I guess I need to go over to his side of town and lend some motivation - haha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts