Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike Metzger is a bad ass, and he's about to prove it once again. This dude seems to reinvent himself every couple of years and he's serious this time. I lifted this press release from his site http://www.mikemetzger.com//News/default.aspx?id=5 Hell, it may be worth a quick trip to Vegas. I hope he's getting paid what it's worth.

4/16/2006
MIKE METZGER ATTEMPTS WORLD RECORD MOTORCYCLE JUMP OVER THE FOUNTAINS AT CAESARS PALACE
Presented by Mission: Impossible III, Motocross Legend Will Backflip Live on ESPN and ESPN HD in Las Vegas on May 4, 2006

In conjunction with the May 5 release of Mission: Impossible III and the 40th anniversary of Caesars Palace this August, ESPN and ESPN HD will showcase in a live telecast X Games gold medalist Mike Metzger as he attempts to set a world record and become the first rider to successfully perform a backflip over the fountains at Caesars Palace. The fountains at Caesars Palace are famous for the legendary motorcycle jump attempted in 1968 by Evel Knievel. "The Impossible Jump presented by Mission: Impossible III" will be produced under the ESPN Original Entertainment banner and air live on ESPN and ESPN HD, May 4 at 8:30 p.m. ET. The world record attempt will also be shown live on ESPN International Networks to more than 33 million homes across the globe. The event is free to the public.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dozer, drop me a pm if you're heading out there. i will be in vegas for supercross friday thru monday nite but i'm going to miss this jump. that sucks, i just found out about it a few days ago but my flight is friday nite. brandon

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
HELL YEAH! DBT came to Dallas on Friday, and flat ROCKED MY SOCKS OFF! The show was 3 hours long. They fucking RULE. Go to http://ninebullets.org/home/index.php for movies and bootlegs.

Billdozer1811 said:
Shit! I gotta Tivo it, I'm going to the Drive By Truckers show in SD that night, but I can't wait to see it.

-Bill

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That guy stepped into a tough gig and shined. His songs are just as good as Cooley's and Patterson's, and his slide guitar work makes em all sound better. Never Gonna Change, Goddam Lonely Love, Danko/Manuel, Outfit, all great songs, and the bassist is his wife. Jeezus, I sound like a teenage girl. Enjoy the show tonight!

Billdozer1811 said:
Wow, Jeb, that DBT site is cool. That new Jason Isbel song on there, Dress Blues just kicked me in the fucking guts.

·
Registered
485 Posts
roadrash05 said:
i'd watch it if he jumped it with a harley or an indian, kinevel style.
That jump is sick no matter what bike you hit it on. But throw in the fact that he is backflipping over it... Well... that's insanity!

Kinevel was a ruler for sure... But I think Evel would admit that Mike has him beat with this stunt. Even if he was flipping on a honda 50.

·
Banned
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anthem said:
That jump is sick no matter what bike you hit it on. But throw in the fact that he is backflipping over it... Well... that's insanity!

Kinevel was a ruler for sure... But I think Evel would admit that Mike has him beat with this stunt. Even if he was flipping on a honda 50.
They are different guys, both helping to invent their own scene. Evel is a legendary badass. Of course modern riders and equipment have out distanced him a million times, but when looked at in context, ol' Evel was one bad mofo. His kid strikes me as kind of a joke though.

DBT rocked ass BTW, my ears are still ringin...

-Bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts