Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the scrap metal that I've been trying to turn into a bar hop.

69 Daytona.

Since this pic I've added new Clubman bars, new risers, Joe Hunt mag, 19" front mini drum and a few other odds and ends.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Luke Nosewalker said:
wj it looks sweet. post pictures often. im working on a 68' daytona. Are the clubmans mounted upside down?:)
I'll get some updated pics soon with the clubmans on. No they aren't mounted upside down. I almost went with a clip on, but I have something planned that I needed the clubmans.

·
Registered
568 Posts
wjjeeper said:
A couple updated photos.
It's slowly coming along.
Did you make those axlel plates and weld them up like that to lower the rear end? Is there any way to adjust chain tension, or are you going to do a roller skate wheel chain tensioner?

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
chicagogreaser said:
Did you make those axlel plates and weld them up like that to lower the rear end? Is there any way to adjust chain tension, or are you going to do a roller skate wheel chain tensioner?
Yeah, I like the way the plates are high. Looking good.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ed said:
Yeah, I like the way the plates are high. Looking good.
Yes the plates have been welded on high to "squat" the ass end down. I didn't like how the rear was kicking up. I might still cut down the front forks and inch or two, but I have to see what it looks like when I get my 18" minidrum on it. In the pics its got a 19" sportster wheel on.

No axle adjustment. I'll be using either a chain tensioner off of a Yamaha Banshee or fabbing up a rollerskate tensioner.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's some updates. Shifter, chain tensioner, oil tank and a few other things done.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Creepinogie said:
That jocky shift ain't going to throw itself in or out of gear as you accelerate due to momentum will it? Bike looks cool.
It shouldn't. I've thought of that and made it as lite as possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts