Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after low-siding my bike at 40mph last year, i finally finished it. this was my first major bike project and when the motor fired up it was truly magnificent. new frame, tank, bars, controls, chain conversion, fender, bla bla. i've been riding it around and it's a total blast.

a strange and sometimes agonizing endeavor but worth it. there was the time when i raised up too fast and hit my forehead on the corner of the bars (solid stainless steel). dazed and somewhat confused, i had to laugh as the blood trickled in my eye. and then there was the time i was putting in the new clutch cable and didn't install the cover before taking the bike off the lift. trans fluid galore.

my first try at something like this and many jj freaks provided support.
1. tom. ghetto garage time, tools, and tons of other stuff. his dogs even hung out with me when everyone else was out partying.
thanks tom/ngk.
2. oilburner. the gas/oil tank combo and bars. good stuff.
3. teach. simple and solid seat pan. love the trucker girl thing too.
4. fabkevin. don't know if he's on here but he was very helpful. of course his seat hinge, brake light/plate, and axle are super cool.
5. i'd mention todd and sparky but all they did was drink!

any pics containing my welds were taken from 10 feet to save one's sanity/eyesight. it has no name, no paint, no maltase crosses, no chrome, and the like.

my bike:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Congrats. Well done.

Whatcha got goin' on with the seat suspension? Like the Fab Kevin seat mount, but, what else is on there?

Inquiring minds want to know.

MC

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
Congrats! nothing comes close to the feeling of riding something built with your own hands!

glad to help and to see it movin-on-up from its humble beginings in the ghetto garage to a dee-lux 2 car in a nice neighborhood.

TANKENSTIEN LIVES!!!! and will be waking the neighbors and the dead!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
looks good. i cant wait to see it up close.

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Flatironmike said:
Congrats. Well done.

Whatcha got goin' on with the seat suspension? Like the Fab Kevin seat mount, but, what else is on there?

Inquiring minds want to know.

MC
thanks. kinda borrowed the paul cox air seat idea. his kit is really nice but i think it's like $1,000

i call my version the pig seat. got a police road king seat setup off of ebay. trashed all but the air bladder, air tank and hose. the air bladder connects to a small air tank (you can see it near the chain in the first pic) so there is no need for a compressor and such. you can put up to 60psi in the tank. right now it's at 28psi and i've got more than an inch of travel. i wanted to use two bladders but they wouldn't fit right. they looked better than one but no dice. so far it has worked great and i plan on hiding the tank once i do my pipes this winter.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hot damn! Thats a nice effin Sporty!

·
Registered
457 Posts
very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats - looks like loads of fun - you should be very proud!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
that thing is fuckin amazing......you would never know that was your first ground up build. NICE WORK, MAN.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
i do like that tank an awfull lot.... if i hadnt sorted an oil bag out for my build id be looking pretty seriously at that sort of a set up - looks hot with the 2 filler necks like that

1 - 20 of 53 Posts